25-26 September, 2017
The GÉANT SIG-CISS (Cloudy Interoperable Software Stacks) is proposed to be the successor of the long running TF-Storage task force of GÉANT with a wider scope extending from data storage to general cloud infrastructure software stacks, platforms and research workflows. The SIG brings together those who are building/operating R&E clouds and are willing to share strategy, design, deployment, performance optimization, application integration, interoperability, security and other related information, knowledge and best practices as well as participate in joint efforts aimed at addressing needs of academic environment related to building, operating, brokering cloud services and infrastructure and ensuring their interoperability.
The first meeting of SIG-CISS will be hosted by SURFsara in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The meeting will be back to back with the second ORC congress.
The Second International Open Research Cloud Congress will take place in Amsterdam, from 27 to 29 of September and will continue an open dialogue between research communities, policy agencies and industry about the need for international cooperation of private and public clouds supporting scientific research.
The inaugural International Open Research Cloud Congress, held on 11 to 12 of May 2017 in Boston, kicked off the drafting of an open research cloud declaration that describes the conventions that the community is prepared to adopt and support for enabling international scientific research computing on clouds. This second edition will continue the effort to reach the consensus of delivering a final declaration.
Monday, 25 September 2017
|13.00 - 13.30||Welcome by the SIG-CISS steering committee and the local organizers|
|13.30 - 14.00||Introduction to SIG-CISS, motivations and objectives|
|14.00 - 15.00|
|15.00 - 15.30||Coffee Break|
|15.30 - 17.00|
Tuesday, 26 September 2017
|09.00 - 10.30|
|10.30 - 11.00||Coffee Break|
|11.00 - 12.30|
|12.30 - 13.00||Feedback, closing, next meeting, AoB|
Science Park 123
1098 XG Amsterdam
+31 20 592 9333
Travel information to Amsterdam Science Park
- From Amsterdam Central Station: Train to station "Amsterdam Science Park" (four train connections per hour, 8 minutes of travel time).
- From train station Amsterdam-Amstel or Muiderpoort station: Take bus 40 to Science Park Amsterdam. The bus stop closest to the meeting location is called "Science Park Aqua".
- From Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol): A convenient direct train connection (30 minutes of travel time) is operated for transportation from the Schiphol airport to the Amsterdam Science Park train station on campus. Two trains per hour.
- For finding your way by public transport from any place in Amsterdam or the Netherlands you can use the Journey Planner.
- Travel by bus and tram in and around Amsterdam is only possible using the OV-chipkaart. You can find information here. You can buy a disposable OV-chipkaart for one trip or for a predetermined short-term use. You can find additional information here.