Date: Friday, September 16, 2022 - co-located with NDN2022 Conference in Reykjavik, Iceland
Time: 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM UTC (Reykjavik, Iceland time)
11:30 AM - 3:30 PM CEST (Amsterdam time) (UTC+2)
Venue: Hybrid event: Both in Reykjavik at the NDN2022 conference and Online on Zoom
Zoom Link: https://geant.zoom.us/j/5982511246?pwd=eDFBVXdlM0YwQk1jVk96dlhIOWJMQT09
Registration page: https://events.geant.org/event/1281/ (please register to the event)
VideoRecording of the meeting: get it from here. ←
Slides: see hyperlink here below in the Agenda table. (Speaker column)
8th SIG-CISS agenda slots:
B) OpenStack @ NRENs ( and CERN) and related possible synergies
C) Community Cloud activities
To get time in CEST ( Amsterdam/Rome/Paris.... time zone)
just add +2 hours to UTC (Reykjavik time)
Meeting starts at 9:30 UTC (Reykjavik time) -
corresponding to 11:30 AM CEST (Amsterdam time) (UTC+2)
to the meeting
Hands on experience
|10:10||10:40||iRODS @ SURF||iRODS||Mher Kazandjian|
|10:40||11:00|| FIRST COFFEE BREAK (20 min)|
NREN CLOUD REPORTS
what to do together
Kalle Happonen (CSC)
|12:00||12:10||SECOND COFFEE BREAK (10 min)|
|12:10||13:10||NREN CLOUD REPORTS |
PART 2 (60 min)
Sander Zijlstra (SURF)
activities report and planning
|13:25||13:30||Meeting closure / Next steps / Homework...|
Suggested focus / format for the NRENs/CERN OpenStack reports :
1. How do you deploy OpenStack – tell it to the rest of the community and get to know how others deploy
2. How do upgrade it to the next version
3. What do you use to monitor your OpenStack-based Cloud infrastructure ?
4. What kind of accounting system do you use – if you implement accounting ?
5. How do you register and authenticate users to the cloud ?
6. How do you perform authorization , based on which parameters/attributes ?
7. How do you keep you OpenStack infrastructure secure ?
8. How do you debug OpenStack, and its specific components like NEUTRON and KEYSTONE, for instance ?