|Objective||Enable tracking the issues identified for the product or any of its components|
This practice spans across entire project.
The practice applies to all projects.
|Addressed elements in SMM||2.7. Management of implementation and development issues|
|Prerequisites to apply||none|
- Define a process for reporting/recording issues
- Provide a publicly available form for reporting the issues
- Provide adequate training and/or how-tos to the users and the team.
- Define a process for managing the issues
- Use or adapt existing verified approaches to managing the issues.
- Provide adequate training on managing the issues to the team.
- Assign responsibility for managing the issues.
- Monitor the process of managing the issues.
- Use appropriate tools to support the issue tracking
- Prefer tools that are already available (and supported) in the organization
- The endpoint for reporting the issues is unknown/hard-to-find
- Issues are selectively reported
- Issues are not reported in the recommended way
- The process is not defined and/or not followed by the team
- Issues are handled inconsistently (long handling times, neglected priorities and/or violated SLA commitments, etc.)
|Source||This practice has been defined based on the survey, supported by the observation by the SwM team.|