|Objective||Based on captured needs and requirements, identify characteristics that the product has to conform to, and define test conditions that verify them|
This practice should be initiated at the requirements phase and then periodically re-iterated during subsequent phases.
The practice applies to all projects.
|Addressed elements in SMM|
|Prerequisites to apply||The needs and requirements for the project have been collected.|
- Identify relevant quality characteristics
- Review available software quality models for the relevant quality characteristics
- Discuss the relevant quality characteristics with the team
- Involve stakeholders in the discussion
- Assign priorities to the captured characteristics.
- Identify test conditions that need to be verified
- Identify test conditions based on literature review, experience and/or brainstorming.
- Assign responsibility for maintaining the test condictions (to the Test Leader)
- Repeat the sessions of the test conditions discovery periodically
- Stakeholders are not consulted
- Some characteristics relevant for the project are not properly covered
- Priorities assigned to the characteristics and test conditions do not reflect actual needs
- Necessary trade-offs between priorities are not resolved adequately
- Test conditions have not been correctly identified
- Conformance to the quality requirements is not properly verified
|Source||This practice has been defined based on the literature.|