|Objective||Use appropriate and adequate methods to verify the project deliverables|
This practice mostly concerns the development and maintenance phases of the product.
The practice applies to all projects.
|Addressed elements in SMM|
|Prerequisites to apply||The development has started.|
- Use diverse sources to identify available methods and techniques
- Review the literature to identify available methods and techniques.
- Review the selected methods and techniques with experienced QAs
- Assign appropriate methods and techniques to specific types of deliverables
- Use effectiveness as the primary criterion for the assignment.
- Consult the assignment with experienced QAs
- Use historical data to support the assignment
- Document the results of verification
- Maintain traceability between test conditions, test cases and test results
- Use appropriate tools for track the progress and record the results of the verification process.
- Collect metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of the verification process
- Quality plan relies mostly on a single approach only (usually testing)
- The quality can be more expensive or less effective than it could be
- The method can be inappropriate for specific types of deliverables
|Related practices||BP-C.3: Elaborate and maintain quality plan for the project|
|Source||This practice has been defined based on the literature and the results of the survey.|