|Objective||Monitor selected quality parameters of the product and the project|
This practice concerns all phases of the project, starting the development phase.
The practice applies to all projects.
|Addressed elements in SMM|
3.7 Monitoring of quality parameters
|Prerequisites to apply||The development of the product has started.|
- Identify and operationalize relevant quality parameters that require continuous monitoring
- Establish a registry for the monitored parameters. Prefer fewer core parameters rather than several, but non-essential ones.
- Define the measurement method(s) and thresholds. Provide justifications for each parameter, method(s) and thresholds.
- Assign responsibility for monitoring.
- Measure effectiveness of each monitored parameter.
- If feasible, use automation to collect the values of the parameters
- If the monitoring requires too much effort, review and revise the registry of monitored parameters
- Interpret the values and provide reaction to them
- Elaborate contingency procedures to be applied if a parameter exceeds its threshold
- Inappropriate parameters are monitored
- Team cannot properly react to anomalies in parameter values.
- Monitoring requires too much effort from the team
- There are too many parameters monitored
- Methods of collecting the parameters' values are not adequate.
- Team's velocity decreases.
|Related practices||BP-C.2: Identify relevant quality characteristics and test conditions, and provide verification criteria for them|
|Source||This practice has been defined based on the literature.|