|Objective||Improve and optimize the quality assurance process based on collected data (including also informal and anecdotal information)|
This practice mostly concerns the development and maintenance phases of the product.
The practice applies to all projects, in particular those long-lasting and with multiple releases.
|Addressed elements in SMM|
3.9. Retrospection in quality assurance processes
|Prerequisites to apply||Quality assurance process is in use for some time.|
- Collect data concerning the QA process
- Provide a registry for storing comments, remarks and observations concerning QA process and make it available to all team members
- Maintain the QA process
- Elaborate variants of the proposed changes to the QA process
- Organize periodic introspection meetings to brainstorm and discuss the collected comments.
- Assign responsibility for improving the QA process (Test Leader, by default)
- Decide collectively in the team on adapting and modifying the QA process
- Decisions are not made and/or approved by the entire team
- The changes in the quality assurance process are boycotted by the team
|Source||This practice has been defined based on the literature.|