|Objective||Provide the team with effective and reliable means of communication|
This practice spans across all phases of the project.
The practice applies to all projects.
|Addressed elements in SMM|
4.2 Effective communication channels
|Prerequisites to apply||none|
- Identify the communication needs of all team members
- Provide official and informal platforms/channels of communication within the team
- Consider storing a permanent record of communication, if needed.
- Consider geographical dispersion of the team members.
- Consider the capabilities of the channel (chat, audio, audio+video, file transfer, integration with other channels)
- Provide communication channels
- Consider backup platforms and channels, if needed.
- Dedicate channels for communication with stakeholders.
- Give priority to the channels offered by the tools available in the organization.
- Channels are not reliable, adequate or effective enough, compared to actual needs
- Communication within the team is disturbed
|Related practices||BP-A.2: Elaborate of a communication strategy for stakeholders|
|Source||This practice has been defined based on the results of the survey, supported by the observation by the SwM team.|