|Objective||Implement an effective and accepted decision-making process within the team.|
This practice spans across all phases of the project.
The practice applies to all projects.
|Addressed elements in SMM|
4.3. Decision-making in the team
|Prerequisites to apply||none|
- Identify decision areas that require individual accountability of the decision maker
- Consult the team before making the decision.
- Refer to other officers in the organization, is necessary and applicable.
- Provide justification for the decision.
- Announce the decision using the appropriate communication channel
- Make sure the decision is understood by all team members.
- Identify decision areas that require team accountability
- Allow the team to make the decision using an established mechanism (voting, by default)
- Elaborate a method for conflict resolution.
- Define a method of recording and announcing the decisions
- Choose a communication channel that is immediately available to all involved parties.
- Record the decisions along with a brief justification.
- Decisions are made by the Team Leader only
- Decisions are not accepted and/or boycotted by the team.
- Decisions are not justified
- Decisions do not reflect all relevant circumstances.
- There is no effective conflict resolution method
- Tensions within the team rise.
- Decisions are not made or are not accepted
- Accountability is not defined
- Decisions are boycotted by the team
- Decisions are late or not made at all.
|Status of the practice||This practice has been defined based on the observation by the SwM team.|