- Hindrik Buining, David Jericho, Orchestration, Automation and Virtualisation, BOF, TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, June 20, 2019 (pdf)
- ARNES is working on the project WLAN-2020 to offer wireless connection within the schools in the country, hiring consultants during the deployment phase. They are using Automator as the middleware and doing ZTP (Zero Touch Provisioning).
- They have built the ARNES network service orchestration stack, automation based on Ansible.
Damir Regvart, Lidija Jakovčić, Silvije Milišić, CARNET OAV, BOF, TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, June 20, 2019 (pdf)
- CARNET is also working on a national project to offer wireless connection within the schools in the country (https://www.e-skole.hr/en/results/adequate-ict-infrastructure-in-pilot-schools/), with a network management system built by them (Management system for the educational system). CARNET does the network provisioning and monitoring through an API: https://geant.app.box.com/s/fji5tdbv2dhxlfed137kl7mj806mmi16
- See the lightning talk during the Network Management and Monitoring Workshop.
- CSUC has automated the provisioning of new circuits in the L2 and L3 devices using Rundeck, Python scripts and Ansible modules for Anella Científica (Regional Research and Education Network in Catalonia).
- For the Internet Exchange, CATNIX, CSUC has an internal portal where customers can add their new MAC addresses and the filters are uploaded in the switches through Python scripts.
- John MacAuley, Service orchestration in ESnet6, BOF, TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, June 20, 2019 (pdf)
- Bram Peeters, Orchestration, Automation and Virtualisation (OAV) in GÉANT, GN4-3 Future Service Strategy Workshop, Amsterdam, May 9, 2019 (pdf)
- Mian Usman, Orchestration and Automation, BOF, TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, June 20, 2019 (pdf)
- Tony Barber, 10th SIG-NOC meeting presentation
- GÉANT has automated the testbed setup for IP/MPLS type certification testing using the Robot framework and pyEZ. Version control using Gitlab. Using Ansible for the automation system, Saltstack for network devices and Jsnapy to collect operational status checks for before/after action comparison
- Afrodite Sevasti, Orchestrating service delivery @GRNET, BOF, TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, June 20, 2019 (pdf)
- GRNET network automation stack consists of some internal -in house developed- tools for service/customer DB and network inventory.
- 10th SIG-NOC presentation: Event-driven automation and orchestration
- Eoin Kenny, Orchestration, Automation & Virtualisation BoF, BOF, TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, June 20, 2019 (pdf)
- HEANET runs the Schools Network and provides services to all the primary and secondary schools in Ireland (one router in each school). Approximately 4,000 routers access routes and 17 core and aggregation routers. Provisioning takes place by means of in-house developed scripts.
- Rob Vietzke, Automation, Orchestration & Virtualization Bo, BOF, TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, June 20, 2019 (pdf)
Mike Simpson, Director, Infrastructure Systems & Software Internet2 Network Services. internet2 Technology Exchange 2022: “An overview of automation in the Internet2 network“, December 5-9, 2022. (pdf)
- Frank Seesink (UNC Chapel Hill), Will Whitaker (UNC Chapel Hill), Karl Newell (Internet2), Shannon Byrnes (Internet2), AJ Ragusa (Indiana U./GlobalNOC), Byron Hicks (LEARN). “Network Automation: Are We There Yet?”, December 7th, 2022. (pdf)
- Christopher Green and Shannon Byrnes, from Internet2. “Beginning Automation: An Autobiography”, December 5-9, 2022. (pdf)
- David Richardson, Automating the Jisc Managed Router Service and Janet Access Programme. Networkshop 49, April 28, 2021 (pdf)
- David Richardson, JISC. “JANET Network update”, November 15-17, 2022 (pdf)
KIFÜ (and the predecessor organisation NIIFI) was working on the project (Sulinet+) to provide a user self service portal for the education and WiFi connection in the schools in Hungary. This project extended to provide larger network capacity and full WiFi coverage for all state owned primary, secondary and vocational schools (Diákháló program). The automation is done by in-house scripts and tools and providing a self service portal to the users.
Poster presentation at TNC16: https://tnc16.geant.org/getfile/2771
János Mohácsi, Sulinet+: School Development Project in Hungary, SIG-MSP meeting in Dublin, 20-21 September 2017: https://geant.app.box.com/s/n90x5k2huwjdfkc2jyjxu0sxj4mikew8
- Migiel de Vos, Automation & Orchestration and Virtualisation at SURF, BOF, TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, June 20, 2019 (pdf)
- SURFnet has a service to deliver wifi connection to their connected institutions (Surfwireless as a Service, non-technical information in https://www.surf.nl/en/surfwireless-wifi-as-a-service)).
- SURFnet orchestrates and automates the tasks on the network through the SURFnet Automation & Orchestration platform. Orchestration is the heart of SURFNET8, with no CLI provisioning (See the presentations in the Network Management and Monitoring Workshop: https://wiki.geant.org/download/attachments/131629403/session2-monitoring-and-networkmanagement.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1571492257834&api=v2 and https://wiki.geant.org/display/PUB/Workshop+on+Network+Management+and+Monitoring?preview=/131629403/131634984/session1-monitoring-management-surfnet.pdf).
- Sadi Koçak, Automation @ Surfnet, 10th SIG-NOC meeting, Prague, Czech Republic, Nov. 13-14, 2019
- Peter Boers, Automation vs. Orchestration: Why automation is good, but orchestration is better!, Internet2 Technology Exchange, New Orleans, LA, USA, December 9-12, 2019
- Everything automated, connecting blocks through standardised interfaces.
- Max Mudde, “Orchestration at SURF” (pdf)
- Smart Networks for Industry (SN4I) is an experimental infrastructure in the University of the Basque Country in which NFV/SDN technologies, in particular ETSI Open Source Mano (OSM) are applied to a advanced manufacturing use case.
- It's deployed over three different sites, the Faculty of Engineering of Bilbao, the RedIRIS and I2Basque Point of Presence at the UPV/EHU and the Advanced Aeronautic Manufacturing Center.
- The services that are deployed are used to run, for example, machine learning applications to inspect the manufacturing process of a broaching machine getting process data from the machine tool and through wireless sensors.
- Presentation Industry 4.0 Reloaded