The GÉANT SIG-PMV discusses and shares experiences on performance monitoring and verification topics from both a research and operations perspective, and on identifying and establishing best practices for wired/wireless (campus) networks, and the national research and education networks (NRENs) that connect them. SIG-PMV activities are open to all interested parties within the GÉANT community (NRENs, universities, research organisations, etc) and international organisations it collaborates with e.g. ESnet, Internet2, user communities, etc.
Details about the SIG-PMV Charter can be seen on https://geant.box.com/s/3k57vu53mas1t17bhlnrm7gj8adsj7wd
SIG-PMV goals include but are not limited to:
- Studying the full end-to-end PMV view, across multiple domains.
- Taking a research and DevOps perspective, seeking to understand operational and end-user community requirements, take in new ideas, identify gaps, try to address these and recommended frameworks and best practices for communities to the take and use 'off the shelf'.
- Studying new and emerging tools, e.g., small node perfSONAR, CFM, WiFiMon, etc., and considering best practices in how such systems might be deployed.
- Considering how to apply measurement methods as the order of magnitude of links and host connectivity rises, to 100G, to 1Tbit, and beyond.
- A broader view on end hosts and applications, or other factors (e.g., DNS dependencies)
Participation is open to all, including NOCs, universities, end-users and research communities, as well as industry and commercial organisations.
==== REGISTRATION & Call for Presentation ====
The 5th SIG-PMV meeting will take place on 23rd and 24th October 2018 at Jisc's offices in Manchester, UK. The venue is close to Manchester Airport and Manchester Piccadilly train station.
Attendance is free, but for catering purposes please register to the meeting at: https://eventr.geant.org/events/2845
If you would like to present ideas for discussion please submit a brief abstract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You submission should include:
- The title of your presentation,
- A max 100 words abstract.
- The format of the presentation is freestyle.
- For presentations on GN4-2 based work, you can use the GEANT template.
If you have questions, remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com .