GÉANT Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are established under the auspices of GÉANT in order to create an open forum where experts from its community exchange information, knowledge, ideas and best practices about specific technical or other areas of business relevant to the research and education networking community.
The GÉANT SIG – Information Security Management is a forum for interchanging knowledge and experiences on information security management topics.
The main aims of the SIG-ISM:
- establish a community of security management professionals;
- develop, maintain and promote a trust framework between NRENs based on international standards;
- promote the use of international security standards and share best practices for security management within NRENs;
- discuss and promote issues of information security management of particular interest to NRENs.
The disclosure of any information shared within the SIG follows the Traffic Light Protocol (TLP) (https://www.first.org/tlp/)
The achievements and KPIs for the 6th year (2021)
|Planned achievements||KPIs||Due Date|
|Maintain a trusted network for sharing best practices and information, increase NREN participation|
2 workshops a year
April & Oct 2022
|Initiate and strengthen collaboration with other security working groups|
1 joint workshop with WISE
Participation at the Security Day
|Actively participate at the GN4-3 Security work package, taking the advisory role|
Support the Security Awareness group with the resources already collected
Actively promote and participate in CLAW2021 Crisis management event
June & Dec 2022
The first SIG-ISM Charter can be downloaded from here.
The former SIG-ISM pages can be found at https://wiki.geant.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13500495
This is the 6th year of SIG-ISM
The charter of the SIG was approved in July 2015, but the activities of the group started before that. New charter of the SIG-ISM was approved in February 2017 by the GCC.
The SIG-ISM is jointly led by its Steering Committee
- Alf Moens (GÉANT) - chair
- Rolf Sture Normann (UNINETT)
- Urpo Kaila (CSC)
More can be found on the side menu.