- Created by Brook Schofield, last modified by Lars Fischer on Apr 10, 2023
GÉANT Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are established under the auspices of GÉANT in order to create an open forum where experts from its community exchange information, knowledge, ideas and best practices about specific technical or other areas of business relevant to the research and education networking community.
SIG-NGN is a community for knowledge exchange and collaboration on developments in networking technologies.
Subscribe to the mailing list...
The main topic areas for SIG-NGN are:
- To facilitate knowledge exchange and collaboration on developments in networking technologies.
- To promote and coordinate development and testing of innovative networking technologies.
- To define, develop and test new networking services, which can subsequently be introduced by national research and education networks and/or the European backbone infrastructure.
- To provide a forum for wider discussion of the work of the GÉANT “Joint Research Activities” and “Service Activities”. This might include active collaboration on GEANT related research with organisations who are not GÉANT partners.
- Re-vitalize the SIG. (2018)
- Encourage diversity from our community. (2017)
- Panel discussions must encourage diversity of participants (based on economic standing, gender, race, or other criteria). (2017)
- At least one presentation per meeting from non-NREN participants (such as the network research community or commercial entity). (2017)
- Support the NREN community through face-to-face meetings, online meetings and mailing list discussions. (2016)
Steering Committee members
SIG-NGN is supported by a Steering Committee and a secretariat at GÉANT:
- Rob Evans (Jisc)
- Edoardo Martelli (CERN)
- Rudolf Vohnout (CESNET)
- Yatish Kumar (ESnet)
- Lars Fischer (NORDUnet)
- Mian Usman (GÉANT)
- Gyöngyi Horváth (GÉANT)
The Steering Committee can be contacted at email@example.com
List of active SIG participants:
ACOnet, AMRES, ARNES, BelWue, BREN, CARNet, CERN, CESNET, DFN, ESnet, GÉANT, GRNET, HEAnet, INFN, IUCC, Jisc, KIFÜ, NORDUnet, NTUA, PSNC, RedIRIS, RENATER, SURFnet, SWITCH, UNINETT.
- 11th SIG-NGN Meeting - 20 April 2022
- 1st SIG-NGN Meeting jointly with 8th SIG-NOC meeting in Rome, hosted by GAAR.
- 2nd SIG-NGN Meeting in Stockholm, hosted by SUNET.
- 3rd SIG-NGN Meeting in Athens, hosted by GRNET.
Recent space activity
11th SIG-NGN Meeting updated May 09, 2023 view change
11th SIG-NGN Meeting updated Apr 21, 2023 view change
11th SIG-NGN Meeting updated Apr 20, 2023 view change
Next Generation Networking Home updated Apr 10, 2023 view change
10th SIG-NGN Meeting updated Dec 01, 2022 view change
- No labels