As we are all facing new challenges caused by the restrictions around COVID-19, we are organising a two-hour online meeting to share our concerns, common problems and experiences at the NOC, so that we can help each other as a community.
"Continued NOC operations in the face of a pandemic"
COVID-19: Concerns, common problems and experiences at the NOC.
We will share our answers to the following questions:
- We are mostly working from home. How was the decision process in your organisation? Was it a decision taken by the Government, the company, volunteer…?
- What challenges and problems have you faced at the organisation level since the restrictions started?
- What challenges and problems have you faced at the NOC since the restrictions started?
- Have you detected an increase of demand of services? A change of usage profiles in the network?
- How did you deal with them?
- Have you set up creative solutions to work with your team or solve incidents?
- How did other institutions react to this crisis?
- How do you communicate internally / externally?
When? March 25th from 14:00 - 16:00 CET
The recording is available for members of the SIG-NOC community on request.
What challenges and problems have you faced at the NOC since the restrictions started? How did you deal with them? Have you set up creative solutions to work with your team or solve incidents? How did other institutions react to this crisis? We will have some short presentations from several NRENs and all the attendees can participate in the discussion and share their own experiences.
NOC points of view:
|15:20-16:00||Experiences and discussion around the table - led by Maria Isabel Gandia, CSUC|
|Link to mentimeter discussion|
** Please see below a page GÉANT has created for sharing ideas and best practices in communication plus other resources around the COVID-19 pandemic, how it is affecting the NREN and R&E communities, and how GÉANT and NRENs are responding / can respond to provide each other with support and information.