We are upgrading this site on Friday 5 March commencing at 17:00 UTC and running until 20:00 UTC. During the maintenance window there will be several reboots and service interruptions so we strongly recommend that you don’t attempt to use the site during the maintenance window.
Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Description

This page has been created to keep track of the different action points that the task force agree on during meetings.

TF-NOC meetings

Link to past TF-NOC meetings

WI leader meeting

Link to WI leader meetings

Action points

Action

Created

Who

What

When

Status

Updated

Comment

Action 1

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to contact with ESnet regarding the
NOC tool survey had been done in
the US.

by the next meeting
in 2011.

(tick)

n/a

Michael O'Connor (ESnet) has been contacted.
Maria Isabel can follow up with him (if appropriate).

Action 2

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to update the TF-NOC web and ToR
with the new work item leaders.

ASAP

(tick)

n/a

Done

Action 3

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Toby Rodwell
(DANTE)

to propose an initial set of common
labels for Wiki articles.

by the next meeting
in 2011.

(tick)

 

Toby and Pieter should check the Label Dictionary together. See Action 19

Action 4

100903
TF-NOC meeting

all (TF-NOC)

to think about 5 questions what you
want to know about other NOCs and
send them to Stefan (NORDUnet).

ASAP

(tick)

101103

Done by: BELNET, DANTE, CARnet, PSNC, ARNES, NORDUnet, KENET, CESCA, HEAnet
Indiana University, SWITCH, GRNET, RedIRIS, FCCN, CERN, RESTENA, SURFnet

Action 5

100903
TF-NOC meeting

all (TF-NOC)

to think about how to introduce their
NOC and send 5 important bullet
points to Stefan (NORDUnet).

ASAP

(tick)

101103

Done by: BELNET, DANTE, CARnet, PSNC, ARNES, NORDUnet, KENET, CESCA, HEAnet
Indiana University, SWITCH, GRNET, RedIRIS, FCCN, CERN, RESTENA, SURFnet

Action 6

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Stefan Liström
(NORDUnet)

to collect the common items for the
NOC presentation and produce a
template.

by November 2010.

(tick)

 

Done, template has been distributed

Action 7

100903
TF-NOC meeting

all (TF-NOC)

to introduce their NOC according to
the given template on the
January/February TF-NOC meeting.

by the next meeting
in 2011.

(tick)

 

Considered to be done. 13 NOC presentations have been accepted for the 2nd TF-NOC meeting in Ljubljana.

Action 8

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to create a private restricted space
for the TF-NOC wiki and manage the
credentials.

ASAP

(tick)

101222

Done Restricted access

Action 9

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to create web archive for the TF-NOC
mailing list and make it available on
the wiki.

ASAP

(tick)

n/a

Done

Action 10

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to coordinate the planned TF-NOC
meetings with Marian (DANTE), the
APM meeting organiser.

by the next meeting
in 2011.

(tick)

09/12/2010

Done, ARNES hosts both meetings in Ljubjana, Slovenia

Action 11

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to schedule the regular work item
leaders' videoconference, preferably
once a month in a fixed timeslot.

ASAP

(tick)

n/a

Done, first meeting will be the 5th of October

Action 12

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Rachael Holt
(HEAnet) and
Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to schedule a slot for the ITIL and
TF-forum presentation in the next
meeting agenda.

by the next meeting
in 2011.

(tick)

2011-04-28
2011-06-28

Proposed by Gareth Eason for inclusion in the Zürich meeting.
Done, see the Zurich meeting agenda

Action 13

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to confirm the potential time and
location for the joint TF-NOC/TF-MSP
meeting on 9-10 November, 2010.

ASAP

(tick)

n/a

Done, TF-MSP meeting

Action 14

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Stefan Liström
(NORDUnet)

to get more information from TF-MSP
about the planned joint meeting
concerning dark fibre infrastructure
related discussions. Perhaps to have
a VC with them.

by November 2010.

(tick)

n/a

Done, clarification mail sent to tf-noc list the 21/10.

Action 15

100903
TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi
(TERENA)

to schedule the 2nd TF-NOC meeting
in January/February 2011 preferably
jointly with GN3 APM.

by November 2010.

(tick)

9/12/2010

Done, 2nd TF-NOC meeting will be held on 15-16 February, 2011 in Ljubjana, Slovenia

Action 16

101103
WIL-meeting

Maria-Isabel
(CESCA)

to approach ESnet and ask more information about
the NOC tool taxonomy that they are
maintaining on the web

by December WIL meeting.

(tick)

10-12-01
11-06-28
11-10-12

No answer from ESnet.
TF-NOC will come up with a taxonomy proposal based on the TF-NOC survey results.
ESnet replied positively, contact is maintained.

Action 17

101103
WIL-meeting

All work item leaders

to create NRENs-NRENs matrix per
work item for NOC presentation topics

Before Nov 22

(tick)

 

Done. Matrix can be found on the interesting topic page

Action 18

110308
2nd TF-NOC meeting

Stefan Liström
(NORDUnet)

to create a preliminary list of eTom functions on the Wiki and see how many and if they are useful to use as
a template for NOCs.

by May 2011.

(warning)

11-06-28

Dropped on 12 December 2012

Action 19

110308
2nd TF-NOC meeting

All
(TF-NOC)

to review the proposed labels on the
Wiki (for credentials contact Peter
Szegedi at TERENA) and finalise the
label dictionary by the next TF-NOC
meeting in June 2011.

by May 2011.

(tick)

11-06-28

Considered to be done. Should be reviewed again as we go...

Action 20

110308
2nd TF-NOC meeting

Maria Isabel Gandia Carriedo
(CESCA)

to come up with an updated
structure of the questionnaire
section dedicated to NOC tools by
the TNC meeting.

by May 2011.

(tick)

11-06-28

Done, DRAFT survey has been distributed to the list.

Action 21

110515
TF-NOC meeting at TNC2011

Stefan Liström and Gareth Eason

to come up with a set of questions for the NOC taxonomy and front-end development part of the survey, respectively.

by June 2011.

(tick)

11-06-28

Done, DRAFT survey has been distributed to the list.

Action 22

110628
3rd TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi (TERENA)

to create "standardization/methodology promotion" sub‐group and start discussing on the list under the label [workflow] in subject line.

ASAP

(tick)

11-10-10

Done, no official group is created but discussions on the mailing list

Action 23

110628
3rd TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi (TERENA)

to incorporate the final comments, finalise, and launch the TF-NOC survey.

by 11 July 2011

(tick)

11-10-10

Survey was finalized and has been completed.

Action 24

110628
3rd TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi (TERENA)

to investigate if there is a sufficient interest in organising a one-day "open source NOC tool" workshop in conjunction with the next coming TF-NOC meeting. Proposals can be sent to the mailing list.

by September 2011.

(tick)

11-10-10

There were enough interest, a tool workshop was co-located with TF-NOC meeting 4

Action 25

111012
4th TF-NOC meeting

Stefan Liström (NORDUnet)

to organise a Work Item Leader VC on the survey analysis and invite other task force participants too

ASAP

(tick)

09-11-11

Done on 09 Nov 2011

Action 26

111012
4th TF-NOC meeting

All (TF-NOC)

to publish either small script(s) useful for NOC operations or a wish-list of script(s) on the dedicated Script library Wiki page.

by December 2011

(tick)

 

Done, will be updated continuously

Action 27

111012
4th TF-NOC meeting

Peter Szegedi (TERENA) Ernst Heiri (SWITCH) Pierre Wallemacq (Belnet)

to investigate the possibility of organising a "Nagios plugfest" session at the next coming TF-NOC meeting.

by December 2011

(tick)

5 June 2012

Done in Dublin

Action 28

111012
4th TF-NOC meeting

Pieter Hanssens (Belnet)

to check the relevant survey results and start collecting the publicly available Best practice documents on the Wiki.

ASAP

(tick)

 

Closed, see action point 39.

Action 29

111109
Activity Leaders VC

Stefan Liström (NORDUnet)

to give a talk about "ticketing system integration" next time.

Next meeting

(tick)

12-02-29

Link to presentation

Action 30

111109
Activity Leaders VC

Peter Szegedi (TERENA)

to set up a Facebook page for TF-NOC linked to other relevant Facebook pages such as TERENA, UNINETT, HEAnet, etc.

Next meeting

(tick)

4 June 2012

Done by Stefan

http://www.facebook.com/tfnoc

Action 31

111109
Activity Leaders VC

Peter Szegedi (TERENA)

to distribute the survey questions on tools to the volunteered participants for deep analysis (2 questions per each)

ASAP

(tick)

11-11-11

Done, analysis is on-going...

Action 32

16022012 5th TF-NOC meeting

Giovanni Cesaroni (GARR)to check the publicly available best practice documents on the GARR NOC Wiki and contribute to the TF-NOC Best Practice WI, if appropriate.ASAP

(tick)

 Closed, see action point 39.
Action 3316022012 5th TF-NOC meetingWI leadersto work out a promotion strategy for the dissemination/exploitation of the TF-NOC flash talk collection.next meeting(tick)6 June

Peter presented the Google Map / YouTube mash-up page.

http://www.terena.org/activities/tf-noc/nocs.html

Action 3416022012 5th TF-NOC meetingWI leadersto work out a promotion strategy for the dissemination of the TF-NOC survey results.next meeting(tick)6 JunePeter presented the draft ducument.
Action 3516022012 5th TF-NOC meetingall (tf-noc)to think about potential topics/questions for new mini surveysnext meeting(warning)6 June

No current need of additional mini surveys.

See Action 38

Action 3616022012 5th TF-NOC meetingall (tf-noc)to report back to NORDUnet about the potential ticketing system integrationsASAP(tick)22 MayDone
Action 3716022012 5th TF-NOC meetingIvana Golub (CARNet)to give a talk about IPv6 address management practices at CARNetnext meeting(tick)6 JuneDone by Ivana in Dublin
Action 3806062012 6th TF-NOC meetingMaria Isabel (CESCA)to publish the NOC tool matrix on the Wiki as is. Further decision on the additional mini surveys is subject of interest.ASAP(tick)12 DecSurvey results including the tool matrix has been published by TERENA
Action 3906062012 6th TF-NOC meetingPieter (BELNET)to chase people on the list contributing to the collection of BCP candidates.ASAP(minus) On-going
Action 4006062012 6th TF-NOC meetingBrian (HEAnet)to liaise with TF-CPR on the use of social media and report back to TF-NOCnext meeting(tick)12 DecReported on 12 Dec 2012 by Brian
Action 417th TF-NOC meetingAllto continue discussion about the future of TF-NOCnext meeting   
  • No labels