Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- The Client Certificates tab contains three types of certificates:
- Premium Certificates are almost always the best choice. A premium certificate is useful for personal
- Client Authentication
- Document Signing
- Email Encryption
- Email Signing
- Don't use the Digital Signature Plus certificate; it is just a limited variant of Premium.
- Email Security Plus offers the possibility to have your private key stored by DigiCert (escrow).
- Both Premium Client Certificates and Document Signing Certificates can be use to sign documents. Certainly in an Adobe Acrobat environment there is a preference for Document Signing certificates.
- Refer to the Documents page to find out more on how to issue client and grid certs using the 'by-hand process' model.