- Date and location: 20th June 2019 in Tallinn, Estonia in conjunction with TNC19.
- Registration required? Yes, please register for the event at: https://eventr.geant.org/events/3068.
- Remote participation available? Yes. Remote connection will be available and will be announced nearer the time.
- Scribing doc:
- Real-Time chat: https://eduroam.org/slack
The agenda is still being built out and will be drawing from these topic areas:
- Internet Of Things – Charting a path forward with eduroam
- Exploration of practices in the field
- Emerging recommendations from both the community and the GeGC on assessing IOT devices and eduroam access.
- Early IOT prototypes of connecting to eduroam
- HotSpot 2.0/Passpoint, where are we? How does it help eduroam?
- RADIUS side
- Wi-FI side
- Client side
- (Hideaki Goto has already volunteered to present on eduroam/NGH and on the City Wi-Fi Romaing)
- What does Hotspot2.0 bring to eduroam?
- Guest Access beyond eduroam
- SSID overlap resolved
- Moving National Roam Operators(NROs) server connectivity to RadSec
- Security and TCP
- How to deal with the PKI and some of the requirements
- Plan of action
- Security Improvements with WPA3-Enterprise (Stefan)
- NRO management: how do you do it ? how many FTEs? how do you automate ?
- Client on-boarding (Managed IDP and issues with K-12)
- Community updates
- eduroam Visitor Access (eVA) deployment across NROs
- eduroam database migration to ver 2.0 (Miro)
- GEANT4-3 development roadmap (Miro)
Have a suggestion for a talk or topic you want to hear about or present on?
09:30 - 10:30: Session 1
|Robin Wilton (TBC)|
Early IOT prototypes of connecting to eduroam
|10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break|
|11:00 - 12:30 : Session 2|
Hotspot 2.0 / Passpoint
|Presentation or discussion?||What does Hotspot bring to eduroam?|
RadSec and Passpoint
|Hideaki GOTO||Updates on eduroam/NGH and City Wi-Fi Roaming 2018-2019|
|12:30 - 14:00 Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:30: Session 3|
|Security Improvements with WPA3-Enterprise|
|Moving National Roam Operators(NROs) server connectivity to RadSec|
|Stephanie Cooper||On-boarding: automation, managed IdP, NRO experience|
|15:30 - 16:00 Coffee Break|
|16:00 - 17:00: Session 4|
|Can do this as sessions or round table community updates. Do you want to go to 5? Last flights out for people leaving that night will be around 6ish.|