, SWITCH Offices, Zurich, Switzerland.
Location - Ann/Thomas's office, 3rd floor.
Lunch c. 12:00, leaving the office for fresh air.
- Brook Schofield
- Ann Harding
- Lukas Hämmerle
- Thomas Baerecke
- Remote - Valter Nordh, Tomasz Wolniewicz
concept responsibilities plan design FaaS federation user area in technical.edugain.org Wiki and documentation. eduGAIN town hall agenda. Testing tools, where next? IdP testing report? Long term how to do this kind of integration into technical.edugain.org better Federation Maturity Reports. Operations details.
eduGAIN map will be SVG not based on Google Map.
Higino to report to Tomasz on all integration work.
Tomasz to be the gatekeeper on integration of new eduGAIN technical tools.
Access to the DB to be provided to these tools in a controlled way via access key.
Higino to answer to Tomasz and deliver additional versions of the map
eduGAIN.org - technical and user subsections
Create a site for edugain.org that is the service portal for eduGAIN -
Platform location - Amsterdam
Backend remains at Torun
Principle of working - rapid prototyping between design and technical implementation.
Mimic look, feel and navigation of GÉANT site but with specialist focussed technical eduGAIN info.
Common info on initial site - map, participating federations, entity list, wiki, policy,profiles & constitution
Technical implementation - Tomasz, higino to report to Tomasz in this context.
Design - Brook
Content - Migrate & enhance
If a tool is in production as an official edugain supported tool in the portal, it migrates to the eduGAIN OT, Tomasz.
Tomasz does not have to wait for design plan to migrate these.
Migration - make code available.
Ops - dev teams run test versions, push to git when ready, then Tomasz pull.
- CoCo monitor - check if this can be migrated to Torun. Need code.
- Access Check - to be migrated.
- Map - to be migrated
- Attribute release check
Monitoring & BCP list...see Nicole's notes.
Do we need to migrate to GÉANT wiki? Not a priority.
Do we need to restructure/sort info on it better? YES
Owner: Lukas, participant Thomas Baereke
Look and feel - lower priority.
Main jump page content
- Clear link to federation pages, do you want help/contact as a federation
- Clear link to enabling user pages, inc. the do you want to help/contact detail
Quick links for federations
- Meetings of SG
Quick links for Service Providers
Plus segmented content
Technical information for federations - migrate as much as possible to edugain.org.
Tools - link trials in wiki under correct sections, then post pilot, freeze and migrate.
How to use side menu more?
FaaS - not to be integrated into edugain.org service portal
Yes to be integrated into PR material on eduGAIN
SA2 - Tomasz & Nicole
JRA3 - Brook & Maja
Dev to be involved in hotfix but Ops own the veto to change
Workflows matching tools need to be developed.
Keep jra and sa linked on service lists.
Constitution changes, MRPS and Metadata/Attribute Profile.
Roadmap - Operational Practice Statement for SAML (eduGAIN) to be produced.
Brook to investigate if Ian Y available for subcontract.
Representatives must be able to represent the technical profiles.
Votes on profiles restricted to people who do the service.
New profiles - full steering endorses first version of new profile. Adopters get to refine it. ie. new profile is a de facto consitutional change.
Proposal - If Interfederaton e.g. Moonshoot, SAML, OIDC, in scope for eduGAIN technical.
If NOT inter federation, e.g. VO Platform, inform eduGAIN, separate governance aligned with basic principles of eduGAIN constitution - eg. VO Plaform.
- Nicole Harris Send info on BCP for Townhall discussion
- Brook send eduGAIN Downhill agenda 09:00
- Brook and Tomasz test all mailing lists on
- Brook provide and maintain the list of applications permitted access to DB, inc. maps, CoCo monitor etc.
- Brook to make project plan for edugain.org
- Nicole Harris - updating tools comparison with migration status, code availability.
- Brook Schofield Nicole Harris edugain.org Design day 11/1/2015
- Brook Schofield Plan due end Dec.
- Brook Schofield Follow up with Karl to make sure technical site linked more clearly
- Brook Schofield Once portal in place, redirect edugain.org
- Nicole Harris Federation maturity report template Dec. First federation example Jan. Key a/c engagement Feb.
- Lukas Hämmerle Thomas Baerecke Quick links on wiki sectioned by fed/user end Nov
- Lukas Hämmerle Thomas Baerecke All content tagged for which groups it targets end Dec
- Lukas Hämmerle Thomas Baerecke All content resectioned, enabling users informed of where to write new content end Jan
- Brook Schofield to investigate if Ian Y available for subcontract.
- Nicole Harris write up proposal, present concept to SG Jan/Feb. Valter Nordh and Ann Harding socialise the concept with a)GÉANT Project Management, b)Board
Brook Schofield Put MRPS update to SG after the TownHall
17.2.12016 Followup Meeting
- Fedlab integration work parked till SGA2 due to lack of resources.
- Wiki full restructure parked until other priorities cleared
- Target launch of constitution signing for SGA2.
Actions - new/carried over
- Brook Schofield Submit constitution change and MPRS to SG for feedback (17.2.2016)
- Valter Nordh and Ann Harding socialise the concept of constitution change with a)GÉANT Project Management, b)Board
- Brook Schofield Automate stats collection/graphing for entity categories and entity growth
- Ann Harding/Nicole Harris - Brief Tangui on entity category outreach
- Lukas Hämmerle bried Thomas Baerecke to kickstart stats gathering pilot
- Ann Harding get brand design guidelines from Karl
- Brook Schofield design technical site look and feel based on design guidelines