This two day course will tell you all you need to know (and more) about the next generation identity management and authorization protocols and its constituent components (OAuth2/JW*/OIDC/UMA).
Part of the course is a more practical look at relevant tools and libraries (in Python and/or Java)
By the end of the course participants will:
- Know how OpenId Connect (OIDC) and OAuth2 -the open standard for Authorization- work and why.
- Know the basics of the building blocks
- JSON Web Encryption (JWE), JSON Web Signing (JWS) and JSON Web Tokens (JWT), collectively referred to as JW*
- Also gain knowledge of User Managed Access (UMA)
- Be able to work with the relevant OIDC tools/libraries for your own development (environment)
Please note that the hands-on part assumes you are familiar with development (environments) in general and that you 'bring your own development environment'. Only Java and Python are covered, but feel free to use the opportunity to experiment with other implementations if you want to.
Please register your attendance for the OJOU Course
Via dei Tizii, 6 - 00185 Rome
Date & Time
Start: Tuesday 28 November 2017 around 09:00
End: Wednesday 29 November 2017 around 17:00
- Roland Hedberg
- Ioannis Kakavas
Metropolitan transport company (ATAC): http://www.atac.roma.it/index.asp?lingua=ENG
Official transport information: http://www.turismoroma.it/info_viaggio/bus-tram-e-metro?lang=en
Airport to Rome
The Consortium GARR is walking distance from the Roma Termini Train Station, so the best way to reach us from the airport is by train.
Fiumicino Airport (FCO)
From the railway station, located in the airport, near the Arrivals and Departures terminals, you can reach the city centre with many, frequent Trenitalia's connections:
- Leonardo Express, a non-stop service exclusively for airport passengers to/from Rome Termini railway station leaving every 15 minutes* with a journey time of 32 minutes
- Regional FL1 trains to/from other stations in Rome, including Rome Tiburtina, with departures every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays
Ciampino Aiport (CIA)
The nearest train station is in the town of Ciampino, connected to the airport by COTRAL/SCHIAFFINI buses every 30 minutes. You can buy bus tickets inside the airport.
The journey time is, on average, 5 minutes. The cost of the ticket, for sale both on board and from the ground staff is 1 euro.
A light rail service connects the Ciampino railway station to the Termini railway station in an average time of 15 minutes.
Consortium GARR is located nearby the Roma Termini Train Station. It can be reached by walking or by bus:
- Walking: the overall distance is about 1 km. From Termini station take via Marsala until Piazzale Sisto V, then take via dei Ramni until Piazza dei Siculi. After having crossed it, take via dei Tizii to the left (at the top right corner of the Piazza dei Siculi). GARR premises are in Via dei Tizii number 6.
- Bus: take bus n. 492 from Via Volturno (around 300 m from Termini), step out at the RAMNI/Porta Tiburtina bus stop, then take via dei Ramni until Piazza dei Siculi. After having crossed it, take via dei Tizii to the left (at the top right corner of the Piazza dei Siculi). GARR premises are in Via dei Tizii number 6. Note that the same ticket you used for the underground is also valid for the buses (it expires after 75 minutes you stamped it).
Hotel Laurentia ***
Largo degli Osci 63, Roma
Ateneo Garden Palace ****
Via dei Salentini 3, Rome
Please note: nearby the course location there are also many B&Bs.
The course it self is free of charge to members of the NREN community
For GN4-2 Project Members
Travel & Expenses:
Travel and accommodation funding covers participants of the GÉANT GN4-2 Project (Training Task). It is to cover reasonable costs of travel and accommodation for the purpose of attending the course.
The process is that any participant will pay for their own travel and accommodation then claim and be repaid these costs from their own NREN under their own expenses policy. The NREN in turn claims these costs in their monthly reclaim with the Reference NA1-T6 (Training Task) and the course title in the description line.
The GÉANT project is unable to pay individuals directly.
Manhours are payed by your GN4-2 task(s) - Ask permission of your task- or activity-leader.