Enter the Students Lightning Talk Challenge
- Enter the Lightning Talk Challenge to present a brilliant idea, innovation, insight, research or project to an international tech audience.
- Get yourself up to speed by attending the free crash course on proposal writing and public speaking.
- If selected, travel free to TNC18, a 3-day conference hosted by GÉANT, the leading collaboration on e-infrastructure and services for research and education.
- TNC18 will take place between 10 and 14 June 2018 in Trondheim, Norway.
- Registration opens on 01 Oct 2017 and closes on 31 Jan 2018.
Submit your proposal and speak at TNC18
GÉANT invites students to participate in the students Lightning Talk Challenge. We are excited to welcome you on the TNC18 stage to present a brilliant idea, project or research in front of an audience of over 650 IT-technologists and members of the global research and education community. This is an excellent opportunity to show what you have been working on to share information on interesting activities that are being carried out in your campus or at your NREN. If your proposal gets selected you will get a fully sponsored ticket to the conference, including travel and accommodation.
We will help you do it!
Getting an idea accepted for a Lightning Talk at TNC or any other academic conference is highly competitive. Even if you have a great idea or piece of research to show, how do you put it across in such a way that it stands out to the conference reviewers? Moreover how do you deliver a memorable presentation? the GÉANT Learning and Development (GLAD) team will help you prepare for the challenge every step of the way through an interactive crash course in which you will learn how to increase your chances of your proposal being accepted and how to be an impactful presenter.
Free webinar Sessions
- Webinar 1 - Pitching an idea: in this one-hour webinar you will receive instructions and guidance on how to write your proposal for a inspiring Lightning Talk at TNC18.
- Webinar 2 - Speaking with impact: in this one-hour webinar you receive practical tips and best practive on how to deliver a high convincing and influential talk .
- Webinar 3 - Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse: In this one hour webinar you will practice delivery of your prepared talks and receive positive and constructive feedback from your coaches and peers.
Contact your NREN: find NREN details below
Registration link for NREN:Nominations for TNC18 Lightning Talk Challenge
TNC18 Lightning Talk Challenge:
opens: 01 October 2017
closes: 31 January 2018
The TNC Networking Conference is the largest and most prestigious European research networking conference, with more than 650 participants attending this annual event.
Step 1 Get registered by your local NREN.
Step 2 Take part in the webinar series February and March, 2018. Dates will be confirmed later.
Step 3 After webinar series submit your poster to TNC Programme Committee by TBC, midnight CET.
Step 4 Get noticed at TNC18.
And the winner is...
Consider everybody to be a winner after taking part in the webinars! You are now ready to submit your final proposal to TNC18. The TNC Programme Committee makes a selection of the best proposals and invites speakers to give a Lightning talk at the conference. During the conference you will be supported by GÉANT staff and on the day of the event our trainers will coach you on your pre-talk preparations.
How to participate?
If you are an IT student from a GÉANT Project partner*: register your interest, lightning talk topic and title with your local NREN before the deadline.
*GÉANT Project Partners
UllP NASB -BASNET
University of Malta
This initiative is co-funded by the European Union. The content of this document is the sole responsibility of GÉANT and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union.
Eligibility This challenge is open to individual(s) who are registered at a university, college or learning provider affiliated with a GÉANT Project Partner /NREN listed below.
Nominations All participants must be nominated by the operating NREN in a GÉANT Project Partner* country.
Theme The Lightning talk idea must fall in an IT and Networking area.
Abstract Lightning talk proposals must include: title, student name, educational institution, short biography, five keywords, and short introduction of the idea (max. 500 words). Abstract must be marked [TBD].
Webinars Participants commit themselves to attend webinars and therefore must have access to a computer with adequate video and audio to join the webinar
Presentation Selected proposals and their authors will be presenting at TNC18.
Language High English language proficiency is required.
Social Media All participants are invited to share their experiences on social media.
Download promotional materials for NRENs
- No labels