The DSX Discovery Service (formerly known as eduTEAMS Discovery Service) allows services to implement an (embedded) Identity Provider discovery.
Currently, the service is in a pilot stagephase, therefore some aspects of the service still may change.
This section contains functional and technical documentation on how to use the discovery service if you are a administrator of a service.
In the following we describe one particular Discovery Service for eduGAIN, the DSX Discovery Service.
DSX Discovery Service
The DSX Discovery service is general-purpose SAML2 Discovery Service available to all services that are part of the interfederation service eduGAIN.
Benefits of the DXS Discovery Service
- Modern SAML2-compliant Discovery Service implementation
- Hosted in a high availability infrastructure of 3 or more nodes
- Available to all eduGAIN Service Providers for free
- Support for many languages (if your language is not yet supported and you would like to contribute, please contact email@example.com)
- Allows custom-tailoring list of IdPs based on SAML entity categories or with black/white listing individual IdPs.
Target User of DSX Discovery Service
The DSX Discovery Service is a centrally maintained Discovery Service intended to be used by all eduGAIN services in general as its usage is not restricted.
The service is provided as-is.
The DSX Discovery Service is based on the CESNET Discovery Service implementation, which has been operational since 2012. CESNET operates the service on behalf of GÉANT in a pilot phase.
- When the user's web browser has support for third party cookies disabled, the embedded version of the DSX Discovery Service cannot store the cookies so that they are also available on another web page that also uses the same embedded Embedded WAYF.