- SIP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slack: https://eduGAIN.org/slack
Federations in Attendance (
- Grid Identity Pool
- Brook Schofield, GÉANT
- Pascal Panneels, Belnet
- Davide Vaghetti, GARR/IDEM
- Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, SIFULAN
- Sten Aus, TAAT
- Esmeralda Pires, RCTSaai
- Péter Molnár, eduID.hu
- Donald Coetzee, SAFIRE
- Guy Halse, SAFIRE
- Nick Roy, InCommon
- Wolfgang Pempe, DFN-AAI
- Miroslav Milinovic, AAI@EduHr
- Jiri BorikJiří Bořík, eduID.cz
- Rhys Smith, UK federation
- Maja Gorecka-Wolniewicz, PIONIER.Id
- Lukas Hämmerle, SWITCHaai
- Alex Mwotil, RIF
- Zenon Mousmoulas, GRNET
- Halil Adem, GRNET
- Anass Chabli, FER
- Anastas Mishev, AAIEduMk
- Andria Dionysiou, CIF
- Aouaouche El-Maouhab, ARNaai
- Chris Phillips, CAF
- Julie Menzies, CAF
- Davide Vaghetti, GARR
- Marco Fargetta, Grid Identity Pool
- Pål Axelsson, SWAMID
- Saeed Khademi, IRFed
- Timo Mustonen, HAKA
- Toby Chan, HKAF
- Tomasz Wolniewicz, PIONIER.Id
- Valentin Pocotilenco, LEAF
- Zivan Yoash, IIF
- *Marina Adomeit, SA2 Activity Leader
- Peter, ACOnet (mandatory internal meeting)
- Alejandro Lara, REUNA (Internal meeting)
- Nicole Harris, GÉANT
- Scott Koranda (sick)
- Raja Visvanathan, INFLIBNET
- Nicholas Mbonimpa, RIF
Outstanding Issues with Federations
The three (3) outstanding actions will remain outstanding.
Nick stated that InCommon have a new engineer... not are able to modify members metadata without positive action by participants. Working to address this.
Scott Koranda is unable to join todays meeting. There are regular SIRTFI conference calls co-ordinated by Tom Barton. At the last call (last Thursday) there was a request to send this information to the eduGAIN SG for their comment on whether the output of the SIRTFI+ registry is likely to be injested into eduGAIN (or how would federations make this available). The TechEx SIRTFI presentation slides are also available to inform the SG of the progress of SIRTFI and SIRTFI+ registry work.
Rhys stated that SIRTFI+ creates an attack point that undermines the integrity of the federation trust model. .... "merging" the metadata isn't possible in any software. The order of import is importand - but it is unknown in various federation tools.
Nick Roy - if the SIRTFI decoration is imported into eduGAIN then the entity isn't decorated in their home federation.
Chris - there are a lot of unknowns in the area of this registry. "Sympathetic" tagging of R&S in CAF if they see it tagged in another federation.
Chris asked about SIRTFI for OIDC? No, or at least not yet. Davide is aware and it will likely be future work.
Rhys is going to deep dive into the SIRTFI mailing lists.
Davide stated that this is a real problem.
Nick said for the both of the SIRTFI simulations there was a need to get in touch with the federation security contact. Adding a security contact to technical.edugain.org
Should this be a URL or an email address (mailto:) or (tel:)
Pål asked whether we do SIRTFI for the federation?
It seems to be
RENISAC (spelling) is the group that co-ordinates R&E security coordination for the InCommon community with almost.
- collect the security contact information (up to 3 values - URL, phone, email)
- look at the overlap between Trusted-Introducer ...
Autopopulation of the security contact with contact email address? No.
Miro stated that if there are 2 options ....
- ACTION-TBA: TBA
There is no future meeting for further meetings in 2018.