An NRO administrator accredits new eduroam IdPs, changes IdP details, or deprovisions eduroam IdPs. The primary vehicle for this is not eduroam CAT, but the official eduroam database, which contains all registered IdPs and their contact details.
For users with the NRO management privilege, the toolset provides a dedicated web interface which allows them to
- invite a new IdP to use eduroam CATthe toolset
- add new representatives to existing IdPs
- delete representatives of existing IdPs
- take control over an IdP
- manage the relationship between an IdP in the toolset vs. an IdP in the official eduroam database
Once an IdP exists in in the toolset (i.e. once the first invitation token for the IdP has been redeemed by an invitee), the IdP admin can add more administrators or delete others as he sees fit. You can do the same though, by using the "Add/Remove Administrators" link on the right side of the list of IdPs. Please consult the IdP-level guides to the respective tool of the toolset for further details of administrator management, available here for CAT and here for Managed IdP.
Take control over an IdP
Manage the relationship between an IdP in eduroam CAT vs. an IdP in the official eduroam database
Since the official eduroa eduroam database contains only production-level eduroam IdPs, but the CAT can also be made available to IdPs which are still in a setup/bootstrap phase, the databases of the tools are not in perfect sync. To avoid fragmentation and desynchronisation of the databases, NRO administrators are encouraged to link the same IdP in both databases together.
- Creation of a new IdP
- Creation of a new Profile for an IdP
- Listing and Adding administrtators administrators of an IdP
- For eduroam Managed IdP, managing user populations inside IdP profiles