2nd & 3rd July 2019, Dublin, Ireland
SIG-PMV is the Special Interest Group on Performance Monitoring and Verification.
This meeting is the sixth meeting of the SIG and hosted by HEAnet in Dublin, Ireland, over two half days on 2nd and 3rd July.
Call for Speakers
The SIG-PMV Steering Committee (SC) is currently forming the meeting agenda, and would welcome contributions of talks from the community. Proposals are welcomed in any area of network monitoring / measurement, including but not limited to:
- WiFi network monitoring
- Data transfer node (DTN) deployment and performance measurement
- Network flow analysis
- Network monitoring for DDoS detection and mitigation
- Performance Enhancement Response Teams (PERTs), use of eduPERT
- Streaming network telemetry
- Developments in open source tools
- Monitoring of high speed (100G+) links
- White box / P4 use for performance monitoring and verification
- Campus network monitoring
- OLS, disaggregation, monitoring the optical layer
- SLA monitoring
- Layer 2 monitoring
- IPv4-IPv6 performance comparisons
- Measuring real-time application QoE
- Micro dependability measurements.
- Developing campus / NREN monitoring platforms
- Contributions to network monitoring standards
- Supporting network monitoring research in NREN networks
- Applying machine learning to network monitoring
- Use cases for perfSONAR
- Impact of emerging network protocols, e.g. QUIC, TCP-BBR
Proposals to present should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Talks may be short "lightning talks" to raise awareness of new tools, software or techniques, or fuller presentations of 30-45 minutes to do deeper dives into specific topics. When emailing the SC, please indicate which type of talk you would like to give.
Remote attendance will be available, probably via Vidyo; details to be confirmed.
The meeting will be hosted at HEAnet.
The nearest airport is Dublin Airport, with many flights from European destinations.
The easiest way to get from the Airport to the venue is the Dublin Bus Airlink, 747 and 757 routes, which between them run every 10-15 minutes throughout the day. 747 stops, 757 stops. The journey should take about 20-25 minutes. A single ticket is €7, a return ticket €12.
To get these buses: at terminal 1, leave departures via the left hand door, and cross the road; at terminal 2, go through the tunnel directly in front of you, down the stairs, and go to the stop for Airlink 747/757. The nearest stop to the venue is North Wall Quay (IFSC) - directions to HEAnet, directions to Hilton Garden Inn.
(These are the green buses; the blue Aircoach buses also stop in the city centre, but further from the venue.)
Note that the STF meeting, which takes place immediately after the SIG-PMV meeting, is in a different venue a few minutes walk away.
The closest hotel to the HEAnet offices ishotels are:
Hilton Garden Inn on , Custom House Quay
Specer Hotel, North Wall Quay
Subscribe to the PERT-Discuss mailing list
Contact the PMV Steering Committee
Registration is now open - Register here!!
Note that the 17th STF - Dublin, July 2019 follows this meeting and you need to register separately. The STF is in a different venue, a few minutes walk away.
Agenda (times are Irish Standard Time, GMT+1 )
Tuesday, 2nd July 2019
|13:00-13:30||Welcome, Introductions & Agenda - The SIG-PMV Steering Committee|
|15:00-15:30||Tea and coffee break|
Wednesday, 3rd July 2019
|10:30-11:00|| Tea and coffee|
Wrap up, Summary and Next Steps - The SIG-PMV Steering Committee
...and provide feedback.
|13:00-||17th STF - Dublin, July 2019|