This meeting is a follow up on the 11th SIG-NOC meeting from March 25th , when we discussed initial challenges caused by the restrictions around COVID-19, as well as NOCs view on way to go forward.
"New normality" and follow up on what became our new tools and processes.
Zoom details will be sent out to registered participants a couple of days before the meeting.
When? Tuesday, 23rd of June from 10:00 - 15:00 CET
How? Via Zoom, please REGISTER HERE
"Update on COVID-19 restrictions from different countries and perspectives" - chaired by Jonny Lundin, SUNET
|11:00-12:00||Mentimeter discussion - Questions 1-6|
"Technical part - new tools" - chaired by Ana Medina Barahona, RedIRIS
|13:15 - 13:45|
Discussion in break-out rooms - Questions 7-10
With the remote environment, what is the demand for new tools and services? How do the NOCs deal with security, bandwidth, quality assurance; demand for digital exams, helpdesks, e-signatures.
|13:45 - 14:15||Reporting from the break-out groups|
|14:15 - 14:30||Wrap up and next meetings|
In order to prepare for the mentimeter discussion meeting, try asking yourself the following questions:
- What is the current COVID-19 related status in your country (are you still working from home, back to the office, mix environment...)?
- What are the plans for after summer/rest of the year?
- What are the learnings you are taking from this new situation?
- What challenges and problems have you faced at the NOC?
- How did you organise your help/service desk/support?
- Have you detected change in the demand for services?
- Have you experienced a change of usage profiles in the network?
- What new tools are you using and who is providing them?
- What problems have you faced? New experiences?
- What is the feedback from your customers?