- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The new community events calendar and management system went live on 8 September 2020, replacing the long-lived EventR platform run by GÉANT.
- A community training session was held online on the same date, to cover:
- EventR / Indico transition
- Demo on creating new events, including registration forms and timetables
- Protection & Permission levels (access and management of events)
- See the session training video(available via the GÉANT Learning And Development (GLAD) playlist in YouTube).
- Download the 'manual' of the session slides(pdf).
- Contribute your questions / answers / comments in the table to the right, to help us improve the system and/or our guidelines on how to use it. THANKS!
From 8 September 2020:
- new events can only be added in the new system; it is no longer possible to create new events in EventR.
8 September to end 2020:
- still possible to view all past and future events in EventR;
- for any events happening before the end of 2020 and that were set up using EventR as the registration system, EventR continues to work as the registration tool;
- you may need to consult both EventR and the new system to get a full overview and find all / specific created events;
- GÉANT gradually transferring information about any events happening from January 2021 onwards from EventR into the new system.
At the end of 2020:
- EventR goes offline;
- the new system becomes the sole tool for community events management and registration.
If you wish to retrieve past events data from EventR, please do so before the end of the year.
The new events management system is powered by CERN's open-source Indico tool and allows you as a user to register for events, manage your own events, and see a calendar overview of community events.
If you have any questions or need elevated access rights to create/manage events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|QUESTION / COMMENT||ANSWER/ COMMENT||ACTION / OTHER|
|E.G. Is it possible to apply branding e.g. for a conference?||Yes. Please indicate if you want help with this.|
|Can we have the events listed eventr style, ie current first then scroll down into the future? (currently you have to click to see the future)|
|Can we remove the text at the top of the page so it's clean like the old eventr page was?|
|Are we allowed to add non-GEANT events? We could in eventr.|