NREN and GÉANT staff can access a range of tools for checking the status of the GÉANT network on the GEANT Tools Portal. Some tools are available without logging in and hence are available to the general public:
- GÉANT Cacti - historical traffic and other graphs
- GÉANT Looking Glass Allows users to execute basic operational commands such as 'ping', 'traceroute' and 'show route' on the GÉANT backbone routers.
- GÉANT Usage Map: For each country currently connected to GÉANT, this map shows the level of usage of the access link connecting the country's national research network to GÉANT.
After logging in, one can see a wider range of graphs in Cacti and access to other tools such as the following:
- Backbone Weathermap: Map showing the GÉANT routers and the circuits interconnecting them. The circuits are coloured according to their utilisation.
- GÉANT Multi-Router Looking Glass: Allows users to execute the same commandon multiple GÉANT routers.