This Wiki is available to view at but still under maintenance. PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THE WIKI UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. We are attempting to restore missing edits which took place between Monday 8 and Thursday 11 April 2019, therefore the site is likely to be taken off line at any time. Updated 20:43 CEST 16 April 2019.
Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 27 Next »


eduGAIN Steering Group Meeting

Tuesday 13th November 2018, 13:30 - 15:00 CET (in your timezone)

Please Note that the above time is CONFIRMED.

12:15 UTC
13:15 CET

Arrival & "Can you hear me now?" (see Connection Details)

12:30 UTC
13:30 CET

Welcome, Introductions & Agenda Agreement

12:45 UTC
13:45 CET

Membership Updates and Joining

13:05 UTC
14:05 CET

eduGAIN "the brand" (based on Haka email to eduGAIN-SG Mailing List)

  • Metadata "opt-out" vs "opt-in".
  • Metadata flow.
  • Discovery + login

13:25 UTC
14:25 CET

SIRTFI

  • SIRTFI+ Registry, Scott Koranda (Scott is unavoidably detained and can't join the meeting).
  • Federation level security contacts (Nick R)

13:45 UTC
14:45 CET

Future SG Meetings

  • Last meeting of the year - GN4-3 updates will arrive in January 2019.
13:50 UTC
14:50 CET

Any other business, Summary and Actions

  • Is it necessary that the scans of the signed eduGAIN Declarations (with the signatures of NREN directors etc.) are available online?
  • OIDC

14:00 UTC
15:00 CET

Meeting Close (or we are running over time).

Connection Details

Attendance

Federations in Attendance (xx)

  1. Belnet
  2. IDEM
  3. SIFULAN
  4. TAAT
  5. RCTSaai
  6. SAFIRE
  7. DFN-AAI
  8. InCommon
  9. AAI@EduHr
  10. eduID.cz
  11. UKf
  12. PIONIER.Id
  13. SWITCHaai
  14. RIF
  15. GRNET

Attendees (xx)

  1. Brook Schofield, GÉANT
  2. Pascal Panneels, Belnet
  3. Davide Vaghetti, GARR/IDEM
  4. Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, SIFULAN
  5. Sten Aus, TAAT
  6. Esmeralda Pires, RCTSaai
  7. Péter Molnár, eduID.hu
  8. Donald Coetzee, SAFIRE
  9. Guy Halse, SAFIRE
  10. Nick Roy, InCommon
  11. Wolfgang Pempe, DFN-AAI
  12. Miroslav Milinovic, AAI@EduHr
  13. Jiri Borik, eduID.cz
  14. Rhys Smith, UK federation
  15. Maja Gorecka-Wolniewicz, PIONIER.Id
  16. Lukas Hämmerle, SWITCHaai
  17. Alex Mwotil, RIF
  18. Zenon Mousmoulas, GRNET
  19. Halil Adem, GRNET

Apologies (xx)

  1. Peter, ACOnet (mandatory internal meeting)
  2. Alejandro Lara, REUNA (Internal meeting)
  3. Scott Koranda (sick)
  4. Raja Visvanathan, INFLIBNET
  5. Nicholas Mbonimpa, RIF

Notes

Welcome, Introductions & Agenda Agreement

The Chair welcomed everyone to the 7th meeting of 2018.

For details on new members and candidates see https://technical.edugain.org/status and work on progressing new members is underway.



Outstanding Issues with Federations

eduGAIN Compliance Issues

 ...



Nick stated that InCommon have a new engineer... not are able to modify members metadata without positive action by participants. Working to address this.

CAF - is looking at the lack of their MRPS.

Guy's question about why the existing validator exists and why can't the new validator be visible to send the correct message to federation. about using "why" and Tomasz answer - backed by Nick and Rhys. Guy clarified that there are warnings that are not issues in the new validator.


SIFULAN/Farhan - what to do about their key?

Chris - clarified that it is only for upstream metadata.


Guy asked about ECC certificates. Stefan has tried that. Maja to clarify if the MDS+Validator can do this. Rhys says that ..... Guy has a scenario with HSMs that don't support >2k RSA keys and ECC - smaller new federations might want to use USB based HSMs (Nitrokey, Cryptosick, et al) to gain experience before investing in more costly ones, and many of these still only support 2K keys but do aslo support ECC, so a 3K restriction rules out HSMs. So ECC is a path forward. Rhys said that this should be started and there can be a phased approach to move toward endpoint testing/support for ECC certificates.


[ACTION] Brook to confirm with Maja the readiness of the MDS+Validator for ECC support.



"brand"

 * Nick stated that HAKA requires signed authentication requests from SPs and this could cause some interoperability problems and isn't included in the next version of SAML2Int.


Timo clarified that this message was a request from the HAKA Steering Group and wasn't universally supported by the HAKA team. They are wanting services to adopt eduGAIN.


Nick stated that the REFEDS Service Catalogue paper released by Heather could be used to highlight services.

Chris Phililps stated that use of eduGAIN witihn CAF is significant but they want it to be increased and improve the knowledge of reachability of services for key researchers (not just overall volume of users).


Miro stated "Catalogue for End Users". Chris suggested "Service Directory". Nick Roy said a quick win could be the adding of search over MDUI Display Name within MET. Tomasz said that the eduGAIN entities database has this feature but lacks URLs. Nick also suggested that having a button/form to request services being exported to eduGAIN could also be made available. Chris Phillips stated that some members of CAF have had the issue that there are services that aren't accessible (because they aren't in eduGAIN). Nick mentioned the ability to decorate entries within MET. Once we have a repository of this data we could drive discovery services via those feeds.


REFEDS 2019 work plan is being prepared.

Common requests for "what's in eduGAIN" from federation.



SIRTFI

Scott Koranda is unable to join todays meeting. There are regular SIRTFI conference calls co-ordinated by Tom Barton. At the last call (last Thursday) there was a request to send this information to the eduGAIN SG for their comment on whether the output of the SIRTFI+ registry is likely to be injested into eduGAIN (or how would federations make this available). The TechEx SIRTFI presentation slides are also available to inform the SG of the progress of SIRTFI and SIRTFI+ registry work.


...

  • ACTION-TBA: TBA

TOPIC...

...

Future meetings

There is no future meeting for 2018.

  • No labels