This sections gathers all required information to try out and hands on experience on the pilots provided by AARC SA1
a USER, provided with FEDERATED ID,
firstly logs in the institution EZproxy and, if succesfully authenticated, gets 1. a SSO session and 2. a shielded access masked with the IP addreess of the proxy.
When she accesses
-> A.1] a FEDERATED RESOURCE, by means of SAML SSO session, she gets access to the resource with SAML authentication;
-> A.2] a NOT FEDERATED RESOURCE restricted to authorised IPs, by means of REWRITING properties of the proxy she gets access to the resource because she's authorized having the IP address of the proxy.
The USER: you with your federated credential
EZproxy is the portal:
The federated resource is: https://sp24-test.garr.it/i...
The not federated resource is https://sp24-test.garr.it/i... (access permitted only through the IP of the proxy)
- Login to EXproxy portal with your federated ID:
- Choose FR https://sp24-test.garr.it/i...
- note the URL on the address bar of the browser. Your SAML SSO session is active
- Choose NFR https://sp24-test.garr.it/i...
- note the URL on the address bar of the browser. You are permitted to access thanks to the rewriting rule of the proxy
Benefts for this scenario
- A user use only one unified method of authentication to access federated and not federated resources