This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use ("AUP") defines the rules that govern your access to and use (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services ("eduTEAMS Service") as granted by GÉANT for the purpose of participating in activities of research and educational collaborations ("Collaborations"), which are represented in the Service as "Virtual Organizations".
The eduTEAMS Service may be used to facilitate access to other services and resources ("Connected Services") , which may be provided by other organizations and/or GÉANT to members of Virtual Organizations.
Access granted by GÉANT to the eduTEAMS Service does not imply that access to Connected Services is granted. Access to Connected Services available to a Virtual Organization is granted to members of that Virtual Organization by the owner(s) of the Virtual Organization. Users of the eduTEAMS Service can be members of more than one Virtual Organizations hosted on the Service.
The Baseline clauses of this AUP apply equally to both the eduTEAMS service as well as to all Connected Services, from now on collectively referred to as "Services", as augmented by any specific terms to which adherence will be required during enrolment in any Virtual Organisation.
- You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the policies and for the purposes described above, show consideration towards other users, and collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by any applicable service level agreements listed below. Use without such agreements is at your own risk.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences, which may include a report being made to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The Service Provider reserves the right to revise, amend, and/or modify this AUP at any time. Notice of any revision, amendment, and/or modification to this AUP will be posted on the landing page for the Services. You agree that your use of the Services, beyond a period of one calendar month after a notice of such change has been provided on the Services for the first time, shall constitute your consent to the revised, amended, and/or modified version of the AUP.
v1.1 (effective 1st December, 2018)