You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
Focus: T&I, agile software development, idea prototyping, public speaking skills, mentorship
TIM (Trust and Identity Incubator Mentorship) Programme is an initiative that brings together ambitious young minds and subject matters experts to pioneer and prototype new ideas in the Trust and Identity field.
TIM is a collaboration between subject experts (SME's and also known as content mentors) of WP5 T2 - T&I Incubator task, GLAD, NRENs (home mentors) and young professionals (participants) across Europe. The overall aim of the program it to contribute to a viable and sustainable pipeline of T&I products and services for the GN4.3 project and ultimately, for the European NREN community.
Nominated by their home NREN, participants (and their home mentors) into the work of the T&I incubator right from the start. They collaborate directly with the Incubator SMEs on the topics provided by SME's. On this journey, they by the Incubator experts and the home NREN, and supported by GLAD. to present their final work or work in progress at the international event or conference advised by TIM SMEs.
TIM takes place in the form of a paid internship where the NRENs and young professionals get reimbursed for the time dedicated to the T&I Incubator. The process of reimbursed and rates by the financial rules of GN4.3 project.
The expected duration of each TIM programme is 6 months, have two cycles per year. below.
|Intake||TIM internship start date||Recruitment opening date||Recruitment closing date|
|2nd||30. Jun. 2020|
|3rd||9. Feb. 2021|
|4th||7. Sep. 2021|
What is in it for the young professionals?
TIM offers participants a fantastic opportunity to join the development of the cutting edge solutions in computer networking on Trust & Identity. It is a unique learning and professional development opportunity that offers the following benefits:
- a paid professional internship (can with the thesis writing)
- networking opportunities with the wide range of SMEs working in computer networks and NRENs
- training and skills development in the fields of public speaking and agile software development (SCRUM)
Participant requirements are:
- last year BA, Master's or PhD level students in the fields of Computer Science, Engineering or other technology related fields with the interest in computer networks
- 6 months availability with an approximate workload of 3 days per week
- Excellent command of English language
What is in it for the home NRENs?
TIM strengthens collaboration across European NRENs in developing new T&I products and services. It is an opportunity to foster the local T&I expertise, learn from experienced SMEs and expand the portfolio of services. It is also a chance to strengthen relationships with the member institutions to identify promising young talents to join the NREN world.
Home NREN requirements: 563px
- be a member of GN4.3 project
- be willing to facilitate and administer a paid internship based on the local HR/ legal requirements
- be willing to mentor participants locally (for example, be a sounding board to the experience, provide a working space, introduce to the home NREN and NREN world)
- have a manpower to support TIM with a workload of 1/2 - 1 day per week based on month cycle
What is in it for GLAD?
GÉANT Learning and Development team (GLAD) is passionate about building, diversifying and strengthening capabilities of European NREN community. With the help of TIM, we hope to disseminate and build T&I competencies across Europe to build the workforce of the future.
In course of TIM, to deliver the following skills to the TIM participants and mentors:
- mentorship skills
- public speaking skills
- agile software development/ SCRUM training
NREN TIM application process
Step 1 Recruit* TIM participants
Step 2 Identify the home mentor
Step 3 Submit application by email to email@example.com. The nomination should include:
- A TIM participant's CV
- A TIM participant's Motivation letter explaining in a few paragraphs why they would like to take part in this initiative
- An NREN motivation statement, a paragraph of why the TIM work is important and how the internship arrangement will work locally
Step 4 Receive the results of the application process. The application by the TIM Selection Committee which
- a representative of WP5T2 Niels van Dijk (SURFnet)
- a representative of GLAD Irina (GÉANT Association)
- a representative of the community
The Selection Committee is there to ascertain the level of participants' expertise and motivation to take part in the TIM challenge. It is also there to ensure that home NRENs to support the TIM participants.
Step 5 Formalise the internship with the TIM participant based on the local NREN rules
Step 6 Join the work of T&I incubator together with the TIM participant
*GLAD can provide materials and support with the recruitment process
|June - Oct 2019||Registration deadline 15 Oct 2019|
|Nov-Apr 2019-2020||Start Sprint + Internship on 12 Nov 2019|
|May 2020||Coaching event speakers|
|June 2020||Event Participation|
Promotion Resources Package (for NRENs)
Download files for NRENs to promote the programme and recruit participants
News and Articles
- No labels