Dick Visser; Michael Haller; David Verdin; Linda Ness
2. Move of Sympa VM from Prague to Vienna for resilience purposes (in progress)
Michael Haller; Implementation team;
3. Anti-spam via Renater – speak to David about setting this up. Costs?
David Verdin; Dick Visser / Stephen Hunt
4. Speak to PMT to keep AL's up to speed
Linda Ness; Dick Visser
5. Compare Mailman GN4-1 lists to make sure they match lists on Sympa, where applicable. Where they don't match contact the task leaders
6. Send email to all Task leaders letting them know what is going on
w/c/ 14/9/2015 (after email sent)
7. Add task leaders as owners to appropriate lists
8. User training (via a Showcase)
Dick Visser/Linda Ness/ David Verdin
9. Sort out order for go-live:
w/c 26 Oct 2015
10. Migrate the 'other' lists (not related directly to tasks) for GN4-1
w/c 2 November 2015
11. Migrate remaining lists from Mailman and Terena mail system, taking into account the spreadsheet with feedback from owners about whether the list requires to be migrated as live or simply available as an archive;
'Connection' button - we have asked if this can read 'Log In'
Dick and Linda should receive notification when new lists are requested
set up Dick with login to Sympa box (Michael has been asked)
Information that we want to disseminate:
- New structure in Sympa. Every task will have a list (whether it is required or not). The task lists will roll up into an "all' activity list. Each activity list will roll up into gn4-1-all. Committee lists will also roll up into the 'all' list.
- Because the lower level lists (tasks and committees) roll up, only they must be propagated with people. Individuals should never be added to the activity and 'all' lists
- The task lists will eventually link to COManage, the registration system. This means that COManage must be up-to-date with participants. Very Important.
- Protocol for naming – all lower case
- All GÉANT project lists are prefixed with the name of the project – ie the current project is 'gn4-1'
- ALL lists will have the naming convention: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When requesting a list, go to: https://lists.geant.org/sympa
- If adding people to the list go to: https://lists.geant.org/sympa until further notice. If you make a change to a task list remember to make the change to COManage as well so that they are kept in tandem. This will matter when we switch over to drive the lists from COManage;