Campus Network Management-as-a-Service (CNaaS)
As managing campus networks requires repeatedly updating and configuring many devices remotely, the use of orchestration, automation and virtualisation (OAV) techniques is key for the success of campus network management services.
In order to facilitate such service, a CNaaS Service Definition Template/Checklist was developed and is now available for interested NRENs.
For more information see also Deliverable D6.4: Campus Network Management.
Important Links and Information
- OAV Community Portal - OAV examples by country
- OAV Architectures - overview of common OAV architectures (work in progress)
- OAV Terminology & Glossary - frequently used terms and abbreviations of OAV
- OAV Literature - references to OAV related literature
- Dissemination Documents - presentations and deliverables
- Standardisation Bodies - useful links to standardization bodies and specific OAV material
- Highlights - focus areas in OAV
We are very interested to hear from members of the community working on OAV, whether you wish to share your knowledge or find out more about OAV yourselves. You can email the GN4-3 WP6 OAV team at:
- 11th SIG-NOC Meeting, May 5-6, 2020, Cambridge, UK
- 19th STF (Service & Technology Forum) Meeting, Zagreb, Croatia, Mar. 3-4th, 2020
- TNC20, Brighton, UK, June 8-12, 2020
- GÉANT Project Symposium (link requires eduGAIN login), Ljubljana, February 4-5, 2020 (agenda) (slides)
- 4th SIG-NGN (Next Generation Networking for Science) Meeting, Cern, Geneva, Switzerland, Jan. 15-16th, 2020
- Internet2 Technology Exchange 2019 (TechEx 2019), New Orleans, LA, USA, Dec. 9-12, 2019, I. Golub, Automation, Orchestration and Virtualisation in European NRENs
- 10th SIG-NOC meeting, Prague, Czech Republic, Nov. 13-14, 2019
- Workshop on Network Management and Monitoring (NEMMO), Copenhagen, Denmark, Oct. 21-22, 2019
OAV Side Meeting (BoF), TNC19, Tallinn, Estonia, 9.00am - 12.30pm, 20 June 2019
GN4-3 Future Service Strategy Workshop on 9th May 2019 in Amsterdam