Key WiFiMon components and the information flow between them are given in the figure below.
The minimal set of components that user needs to install in order to use WiFiMon includes:
- WiFiMon Test Server (WTS)
- WiFiMon Analysis Server (WAS)
Using this basic setup only crowdsourced measurements from the user devices are possible. If the user wants to add deterministic measurements using the hardware probes, then the user has to set up in addition WiFiMon Hardware Probes (WHP).
If the user wants to correlate the measurement information with the RADIUS and DHCP logs, then log streaming has also to be setup. All the instructions for these activities are given in the separate documents given in the list below:
- User documentation - WiFiMon version 1.3.0
- User documentation - WiFiMon version 1.4.1 - automated using Ansible Playbook
- User documentation - WiFiMon version 1.4.1 - manual installation guide