- Identify and pilot methods to organise and incorporate eIDAS and social identities with eduGAIN.
- Collaborate with Task 2, since interoperability with government eID/eIDAS may also facilitate step-up assurance, and social identity may provide coverage for some homeless users (i.e. users without an account within a R&E federation). AARC results will be examined for adoption as they become available. NOTE: As mentioned: AARC is in the lead for this bullet.
Work has started. Goals to reach before end of 2016 are:
- Update the EduPEPS software to the current version of of the eIDAS PEPS (v1.1)
- Determine options to create a pilot with an eIDAS IdP (based on collaboration with the EC eIDAS officers)
- Determine futher actions to reach goal before end of 2018.
Deliverables and Milestones
No intermidiates yet
EduPEPS software: https://github.com/edugain-stork/edupeps
Blog on the work done during GN3plus and GN4-1: https://refeds.org/a/1257