Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

1.1. This is where we will keep note of ideas for the next meeting and for any future meeting topics. Everyone is welcome to add ideas or comments, or to use the table to insert themselves to i.e. volunteer to present a topic / lead a discussion session. Just click 'edit' top right and then "save" bottom right. (smile)


Please add any suggestions for the Spring 2016 TF-CPR meeting in Sweden. Or email Laura.Durnford@geant.org


DATE ADDEDTOPICSOURCE OF IDEAtime requiredWhen?LEADER

NREN updates by...........N/A



'Show off' time topics....




'Challenges' session



11-12-15Update / progress last Challenges session

















 FOR TNC20AGENDA IDEAS FOR SIG MEETING




InTheField update if something new to mentionJane20 minsTNCJane

Crisis Communications – "for me and maybe others who can’t go to SIG Marcomms meetings/workshops it would be really useful to get some guidelines about this – the slide decks from you last workshop looked really interesting and what you all learnt is specifically for NRENs. I would be happy to coordinate this if you think it would be a something for the agenda."Janesession 1.5 hrs max


maps updates if relevant (GREN project ^ GÉANT interactive)  - 

Kathryn / other 20 mins


TOOLS TOPIC - GDPR-proof tools & platforms - what are people using? How did you make them GDPR proof
Email the list to ask if this is of interest and anyone has examples to share? newsletter software, survey software etc. Create a page overview?


NREN updates non EU / EU




eduroam promotion (Japan? TNC19?)




team-building exercise




VLOGGING - quick-fire video reporting from events (could be a practical workshop?) - share examples or discuss why people are not doing it - what are the barriers?




Digital engagement resources as handover




GDPR follow up - events, privacy of photos online etc? Are there any templates / materials? A checklist? (EC aspect less interesting for NRENs) Laura DLaura spoke with Ana about using GEANT stuff as a template. Perhaps ask Paola and Sarah from Jisc (have mentioned it to them)


CLAW - feedback from the Nov workshop  - update on previously-discussed deliverable?


Examples of crisis plans - review in autumn meeting TBC??

 LonnekeLonneke to check with Charlie about report and idea of marcomms training in this area.


GÉANT Clouds update ??


 national adoption comms  - Cynthia RESTENA, use cases - MAria to follow up - promoting community clouds


PeaR  & GEANTT web presence update
Paul M says an update should be possible


SURFNet - marketing and product positioning - process (maybe wait until Sept 2019)Lonneketo go in 'challenges' open space ADD TO AGENDA or could be for a joint meeting with MSP
Lonneke

eduVPN - a new service at SURFnet that may becoming international? (possibly a GEANT thing too?) - do it first in MSP??? and in a joint meeting  MAYBE FOR JOINT MEETING WITH MSP IN AUTUMN 2019??LonnekeLonneke to check 
Rogier Spoor/Lonneke & someone from GEANT

InAcademia ??LonnekeLonneke to check internally


Up2U update? (need to engagae project partners more?)LauraCheck with Gyongyi / Barbara Toth about any updates


SIGs & TFs updates?
Laura to ask Nicole / Gyongyi
L emailed 16 Nov

GLAD updates / training opportunities??
(Could we make the tips and tricks for photos and videos part of our tool box - update the wiki). Make our wiki more interesting / useful


Resource library update? (e.g. Zenodo for SIG presentations, following previous presentation)LauraCheck with Daniel & Nicole / Gy
L emailed 16 Nov

Check with SIG-MSP about joint meeting in autumn 2019Laura



eduroam promotion (Japan? TNC19?) or something in the meantime e.g. love2eduroam and now 101 countries on borad
Interest in deploying services from the GEANT portfolio not just eduroam. Hard to get adequate info to other regions.
L to talk with Karl M about how to structure this for NRENs to contribute at Feb meeting. Could be good for EaP countries and others that are now really just rolling out to hear about past successes of NRENs for whom its now just a standard service.

outreach to research communities ?LauraAARC pilots, AEGIS, CEF  & common challenges, EYR
save for Global joint meeting & invite TF-RED, Momday at TNC19

team-building exercise
Gitte will find one!


brainstorming breakout groups




materials market




PRACE marcomms overview or other
Marjolein Oorsprong a 20 min overview
Laura emailed her 15 Nov

VLOGGING - quick-fire video reporting from events (could be a practical workshop?)




Internal comms follow up??




Recruitment comms




materials - paper v. online - design v text???? What's the most effective way of getting a response to calls for action??




Metrics / data Analytics ? - perhaps in the context of follow up on strategic planning (how to build in metrics and what's useful to measure) & formal reporting & visualisation





strategic approach




GRNET strategy updates
Gitte to ask Artemis and Dimitra


clinics - challenge us to your challenges / breakout to tackle a specific practical issue with a buddy (pre-define via email) dating agency?
L has asked Marjolein O about one potential challenge.


To have also Video Conferences on topic inbetween the Sig-Marcomms meetings _ask at end of Global joint meeting




CRM experiences - what platforms are used by NRENs (poss for MSP joint meeting)




SIG-Marcomms and Global group could regularly attend all the global teams meetings at GÉANT or other events and update about the decisions and topics discussed. - REPORTING FROM EVENTS? Could use open space sessions for this? Or use the mailing list?




Report from the Global PR meeting (Sept meeting)




How to do outreach and engagement - not just events and materials? How to get their attention. How to integrate what we have to target audiences' everyday interests and activities? So they can attend, feel safe etc. Abundance of info and limited time and resources so need new ways to reach them and get noticed.




pricing (for joint meeting with MSP)
Laetitita


how to communicate with targets that are different then before (e.g. adminitration customers) relates to formal reporting??
Laetitia emailed 15 Nov


Belarus Space event presentation
Alexei emailed 15 Nov


CLAW 2019 report
Laetitia
Internal comms in a crisis was in CLAW 2019, and another about leadership

TNC19
Rosanna can do something for sure.


GTS ??




'Taxonomy' of marcomms knowledge. (From survey) Could this be made into a survey of existing tasks and skills to spot what's the normal range, what's exceptional and where gaps lie to be filled by e.g. training? Perhaps with global PR network? (L has asked Helga) Tips for improving comms skills
Helga didn;t really comment on this.


Shared list of community experts (for news quotes / fact checking / conference speakers etc.) Could also be a global activity (L asked Helga)
Helga thinks this is a good idea as long as we're realistic about the practicalities.


Personalising marketing comms / marketing automation - maybe ask an external expert to talk to us about chat box, AI


autumn 2020?

Customer journey and marketing automation tools and strategy - / content marketing and customer journey - maybe invite an external expert - how to create a cotnent & marketing plan, what need to think about, format, how combine with customer journey etc. Training? Jisc?
L to ask Jisc about getting in an external speaker.
autumn 2020?

Webinars - how to produce them as an outtreach and marcomms tool, how to straucture them to make them future-proof, memorable etc. 
Laura to follow up with Irina Matthews (emailed 15 Nov). Karl M could also contribute (L to follow up with him)
Lonneke has a person who could contribute. Maybe develop this into a hands-on session? Or divide discussion into before during and after making the webinar. Lonneke to check whether another webinar is imminent and can we record them making it.

Joint meeting with GA to 'educate' them about strategy, metrics, value shown etc so they can support their marcomms people in this???Maria



Evnts-related promotion / graphics topics?? // How to make events more interactive so that communications outcomes are more effective??






Anniversaries - EaP countries??
L to ask Olga and Iza ?


Jisc's digital 'self serve' vision - changing the website from a corporate / service brochure to a self-serve 'shop' / community spaceRobertAutumn 2019 meeting


How can you show your strategic role within the company - to demonstrate the value and impact of marcomms from a business point of view within the NREN, to show that marcomms does matter.LonnekeLaetitia is working on this, maybe Robert. Maybe Kathryn.
Laet could speak about the difficulties of doing this.

Brand Building for NRENs – how the whole of marketing communications – social, presentations, website, collateral, works to either strengthen or weaken your brand position. Maybe something for an external trainer to take on? Or Minna's German professor on identity-based brand management?Kathryn / MinnaLonneke will contact Minna. 


Internal culture development comms - follow up to recruitment branding topic?




Brand architecture at SURF (TBC)




Upcoming opportuities for campaigns - can we coordinate and share work based on what's topical, what's the priorities for (enough) NRENs, GEANT etc. make a community calendar of repeating dates such as Movember, Cybersecurity, Women in STEM etc - coordinate with GEANT





  • No labels