To allow more transparent access to the JIRA bugtracker, it is possible to integrate the confluence wiki with the tracker. This way people can immediately see bugs/feature requests that are posted in JIRA and go to the correct JIRA page from confluence.
- Enable the JIRA plugin from confluence
- Set up a trusted communication between confluence and JIRA
- Usernames between confluence and JIRA must match - this will be the case in conflu 3 with federated access.
Step 1: Obtain the URL of the Issue Filter
- Main navigation bar go to: 'issues'/'new filter'.
- Select the project you wish to find issues from.
- Select the type of issues from the dropdown box.
- Set up any other custom search parameters if you wish.
- Click on the button: 'view'.
- Click on the 'views' button on the right hand side
- Right click on 'XML' and select 'copy link location'
Step 2: Embed the Issue Filter URL onto your Confluence Page
- Log in to Confluence.
- Edit the page where you wish to display the list of JIRA issues.
- Type the following text into a new line at the appropriate location:
- Replace 'CONTENT' with the JIRA filter URL from step 1.
- Customise the macro output by adding optional parameters.
- Save the page.