- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Focus: T&I, agile software development, idea prototyping, public speaking skills, mentorship
TIM (Trust and Identity Incubator Mentorship) Programme is an initiative that brings together ambitious young minds and subject matters experts to pioneer and prototype new ideas in the Trust and Identity field.
TIM is a collaboration between subject matter experts (SME's and also known as content mentors) of WP5 T2 - T&I Incubator task, GLAD, NRENs (home mentors) and young professionals (participants) across Europe. The overall aim of the program it to contribute to a viable and sustainable pipeline of T&I products and services for the GN4.3 project and ultimately, for the European NREN community.
Nominated by their home NREN, participants (and their home mentors)are integrated into the work of the T&I incubator right from the start. They collaborate directly with the Incubator SMEs on the topics provided by SME's and NRENs. On this journey, they are mentored by the Incubator experts and the as well as their home NREN, and supported by GLAD. All . GLAD provides additional support through training opportunities both for participants as well as for the NREN mentors. Finally all participants are expected to present their final work or work in progress at the an international event or conference as advised by TIM SMEs.
TIM takes place in the form of a paid internship where the the participating NRENs and young professionals get reimbursed for the time dedicated to the T&I Incubator. The process of reimbursed and rates are of reimbursements is defined by the financial rules of GN4GÉANT 4.3 project.
The expected duration of each TIM programme cycle is 6 months, have two cycles per year. The important dates and deadlines of the process can be found . See table below.
|IntakeCycles||TIM internship start date||Recruitment opening date||Recruitment closing date|
What is in it for the young professionals?
TIM offers participants a fantastic opportunity to join the development of the cutting edge solutions in the field of computer networking with a strong focus on Trust & Identity on a pan European scale. It is a a unique learning and professional development opportunity that offers the following benefitsincludes:
- a paid professional internship (can which may be combined with the thesis writing)
- Working in an international team with networking opportunities with the wide range of SMEs working experts in computer networks Trust and Identity and NRENs
- training and skills development in the fields of public speaking and agile software development (SCRUM)development
Participant requirements are:
- last Final year BABachelors, Master's Masters or PhD level students in the fields of Computer Science, Engineering or other technology related fields with the and interest in computer networksTrust and Identity
- 6 months availability with an approximate workload of 3 days per week
- Excellent command command of the English language, both spoken and written
- All participants must be nominated by a home GÉANT participating NREN
What is in it for the home NRENs?
If you are a NREN, TIM helps you strengthens collaboration across European Europe with other NRENs in developing new T&I products and services. It is also an opportunity to foster the local T&I expertise, learn from experienced SMEs SME’s and expand the portfolio of services. It is also a chance to In addition it may strengthen relationships with the member your institutions as well as to identify identifying promising young talents to join the NREN world. Home NREN requirements: To participate we expect the NREN to:
- be a member of GN4GÉANT 4.3 project
- be willing to facilitate and administer a paid internship based on the local HR/ legal requirements
- be willing to mentor participants locally (for example, be a sounding board to the experience, provide a working space, introduce to the home NREN and NREN world in world in general)
- have a manpower Have a mentor with an availability to support your participant in TIM with a workload of 1/2 - 1 0.5 to 1 day per week based on a 6-month cycle
What is in it for the role of GLAD?
GÉANT Learning and Development team (GLAD) is passionate about building, diversifying and strengthening capabilities of European NREN community. With the help of TIM, we hope to disseminate and build T&I competencies across Europe as well as to build the workforce of the future.
In course of TIM programme, GLAD is also committed to deliver the following skills to the TIM participants and mentors:
- mentorship skills
- public speaking skills
- agile software development/ SCRUM training
View file name TIM Trust & Identity Incubator Mentorship A6.pdf height 150
|Content Layout Macro|
Application deadline for NRENs
15 June 2020
Identity and Access Management
Standards and Protocols
Security and Privacy
To help NRENs promote the programme and recruit participants we have available the following materials :
- TIM logo files
- Email Banner
- Boilerplate text targeted to students (from NRENs to students)
- Presentation slides targeted to NRENs/mentors
Image AddedImage Added
News and Copy
Also, feel free to use words and copy from news items we create in different places to promote the programme:
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a different question?