- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Content Layout Macro|
Focus: T&I, agile software development, idea prototyping, public speaking skills, mentorship
TIM (Trust and Identity Incubator Mentorship) Programme is an initiative that brings together ambitious young minds and subject matters experts to pioneer and prototype new ideas in the Trust and Identity field.
TIM is a collaboration between subject experts (SME's and also known as content mentors) of WP5 T2 - T&I Incubator task, GLAD, NRENs (home mentors) and young professionals (participants) across Europe. The overall aim of the program it to contribute to a viable and sustainable pipeline of T&I products and services for the GN4.3 project and ultimately, for the European NREN community.
Nominated by their home NREN, participants (and their home mentors) into the work of the T&I incubator right from the start. They collaborate directly with the Incubator SMEs on the topics provided by SME's. On this journey, they by the Incubator experts and the home NREN, and supported by GLAD. to present their final work or work in progress at the international event or conference advised by TIM SMEs.
TIM takes place in the form of a paid internship where the NRENs and young professionals get reimbursed for the time dedicated to the T&I Incubator. The process of reimbursements and rates by the financial rules of GN4.3 project.
The expected duration of each TIM programme cycle is 6 months. below.
|Cycles||TIM internship start date||Recruitment opening date||Recruitment closing date|
What is in it for the young professionals?
TIM offers participants a fantastic opportunity to join the development of the cutting edge solutions in computer networking on Trust & Identity. It is a unique learning and professional development opportunity that offers the following benefits:
- a paid professional internship (can with the thesis writing)
- networking opportunities with the wide range of SMEs working in computer networks and NRENs
- training and skills development in the fields of public speaking and agile software development (SCRUM)
Participant requirements are:
- last year BA, Master's or PhD level students in the fields of Computer Science, Engineering or other technology related fields with the interest in computer networks
- 6 months availability with an approximate workload of 3 days per week
- Excellent command of English language
What is in it for the home NRENs?
TIM strengthens collaboration across European NRENs in developing new T&I products and services. It is an opportunity to foster the local T&I expertise, learn from experienced SMEs and expand the portfolio of services. It is also a chance to strengthen relationships with the member institutions to identify promising young talents to join the NREN world.
Home NREN requirements:
- be a member of GN4.3 project
- be willing to facilitate and administer a paid internship based on the local HR/ legal requirements
- be willing to mentor participants locally (for example, be a sounding board to the experience, provide a working space, introduce to the home NREN and NREN world in general)
- have a manpower to support TIM with a workload of 1/2 - 1 day per week based on month cycle
What is in it for GLAD?
GÉANT Learning and Development team (GLAD) is passionate about building, diversifying and strengthening capabilities of European NREN community. With the help of TIM, we hope to disseminate and build T&I competencies across Europe to build the workforce of the future.
In course of TIM, GLAD is also committed to deliver the following skills to the TIM participants and mentors:
- mentorship skills
- public speaking skills
- agile software development/ SCRUM training
Identity and Access Management
Standards and Protocols
Security and Privacy
Timeline and Process
Promotion materials (for NRENs)
To help NRENs promote the programme and recruit participants we have available the following materials :
- TIM logo files
- Email Banner
- Boilerplate text targeted to students (from NRENs to students)
- Presentation slides targeted to NRENs/mentors
News and Copy
Also, feel free to use words and copy from news items we create in different places to promote the programme:
Frequently Asked Questions