Date and time: 24 February 2022, 11:00-13:00 CET Online Seminar
The purpose of eduVPN is to provide a more secure access to public and private networks for the international research and education community. The essential eduVPN user experience should be: “open your laptop and be securely online”. eduVPN service instances offered by NRENs or universities, research labs, etc. allow students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain a VPN on their devices to known end-points to access private or public networks across the world.
The objective of this workshop is to raise awareness among decision makers about eduVPN, describe its value proposition and show eduVPN’s benefit for NRENs and their users. This training covers a technical presentation of eduVPN and hands-on exercises to deploy, configure and join eduVPN community.
!!! Attention: Due to the Interactive format of the training, there will be only a limited number of places available. Preference will be given to participants from EaPConnect project partners and associates and the SEE NRENs. !!!
The workshop will be split in two parts
- Part 1 : For NREN decision makers (CEOs and CTOs) and technical teams from EaPConnect and SEE NRENs
- Part 2 : Engineers and technicians interested to actually deploy eduVPN at their NREN or help their institutions to deploy eduVPN from EaPConnect and SEE NRENs
- Part 1: 24 February 2022, 11:00-13:00 CET
- Part 2: 30 MArch - 1 April 2022
Part 1 - Online Seminar - 2h
- eduVPN Service description
- Benefits and challenges of eduVPN
- eduVPN Community
- Business models around eduVPN
Part 2 - Interactive Training (3 half days - online and offline)
- Wednesday, 30 March online session: 10 to 12 am (CET)
- Wednesday, 30 March offline session: 2 to 5 pm (CET)
- Thursday, 31 March offline session: 9 to 12am (CET)
- Friday 1 April, online session: 12 - 2 pm (CET)
Offline sessions will be offline exercises with support of eduVPN team.
Facilitators: Tangui Coulouarn (DEIC), Rogier Spoor (SURF)
Workshop Organisers: Leonie Schäfer (DFN) for GN4-3 WP3 (Partner Relations), Neringa Jackevice (LITNET) for EaPConnect2, and the eduVPN team of GN4-3 WP8 (Security)
In case of questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org