Formal eduGAIN Documentation
If you are looking for the formal, currently active policy documents of eduGAIN, please change to the eduGAIN website.
For some of the official documents, you find documentation of the consultation phase on these pages:
eduGAIN Best Current Practice Documentation
eduGAIN strongly recommends the following Best Current Practice for federation operators and entities:
- GÉANT Code of Conduct (adherence to Code of Conduct can be monitored via the eduGAIN Technical database)
- REFEDS Security Incident Response Trust Framework for Federated Identity (Sirtfi) (adherence to Sirtfi can be monitored via the eduGAIN Technical database)
- REFEDS Research and Scholarship Entity Category (usaged of R&S can be monitored via the eduGAIN Technical database)
Supporting eduGAIN Operational Documentation
The documents below are mostly work in progress to eventually become official documents. Their documentation is maintained on the wiki to enable more frequent updates and to show how eduGAIN processes are implemented. This currently includes:
- eduGAIN Operational Practice Statement: joining and membership (DRAFT).
- eduGAIN Operational Practice Statement: SAML operations (DRAFT).
- eduGAIN SAML Metadata Aggregation Practice Statement (DRAFT).