|Leadership||GÉANT Association||11.52||24%||Nicole Harris|
Confirm when Dragana is coming back - likely to be April / May???
|Operations - f-ticks and then expanding ELK||MARNET||14.40||30%||Boro Jakimovskiemail@example.com|
Dick re-allocated to Task 1.
|Operations - GLPI||RENATER||2.40||5%||Anass Chablifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Operations||GÉANT Association||9.60||60% (increased to include allocation that was with Dick)||Stephen Lovellemail@example.com|
|eduPKI / encryption|
|eduPKI Operations||DFN (DFN-CERT)||12.00||25%||Reimer Karlsen-Masur, Jan Klever|
|Harmonization, support||GÉANT Association||4.80||10%|
(additional 10% in eduGAIN task)
The goal of this task is to support the service delivery in Task 1 for the benefit of the research and education community and research collaborations, in order to meet operational standards and community expectations for business-critical applications, by supporting a core set of functions that are common to all T&I services. The key objectives of this task are to define the baseline (minimum requirements and recommendations) of production operations, provide the support services, infrastructure and tools in collaboration with WP9, and cater for other common services operational and management requirements. This support includes:
- Supporting IT tools delivery and operational infrastructure resources, including: proxy use of the supporting tools already available in WP9 and other WPs such as ticketing system and VM infrastructure and complement this with tools that are not readily available for T&I services such as monitoring (including dashboards reporting and alerting), and data analytics.
- PKI and signing requirements: certificates support via eduPKI, encryption requirements, etc.
- Support for Task 1 services: liaise with each service in Task 1 and identified pilots enabling them to use the core IT tools and operational infrastructure resources, and engage in harmonisation efforts for service operations. Additionally, the task can offer dedicated operational support to services that may require assistance (for instance, by managing specific functions within the service operational team).
- Supporting membership policy management for organisations joining services where GÉANT has legal signatory responsibilities and engaging in business development activities with Task 4, where needed.
In summary, the key objectives of Task 3 are:
- Provide infrastructure resources and tools necessary for the operations of the T&I services, in collaboration with WP9 and other WPs.
- Ensure that all T&I services are operated according to appropriate legal requirements and service requirements via the use of OLAs, DPAs and respective service policy.
- Ensure that security and relevant best practices are followed by T&I services.
Year 1 aims:
- Continue work on establishing central monitoring platform with at least two T&I services monitored in the Y1.
- Continue work on establishing central data analytic platform with at least one T&I services using it in Y1.
- Establish necessary agreements with the infrastructure providers (VMs etc), as per services requirements. (ongoing activity, as requested by services)
- Provide support to services in defining OLA and other agreements. (ongoing activity, as requested by services )
- Support services to define the DPA agreements, in collaboration with the GEANT GDPR team.
- Collect the requirements for software development infrastructure (repositories, continuous integration, testing etc) and work with other partners to enable them for WP5 ( from WP9 (Marcin), NRENs, Commercial solutions)
For work progress in GN4-2 please see: Core team roadmap.
For the Service Status Dashboard please see: Service Status Dashboard.
|Due Date||Assigned to||Comment||Monthly Status - March|
|3.1. VMs and Websites. Lead: Dick Visser . Sub task no longer active - now controlled by T0 and T1. |
AWS and GÉANT offer in place - budget requests for AWS to go to Licia and Marina.
|3.2 Monitoring. Lead: Boro Jakimovski. Task not currently active|
Review of Zabbix / links to data analytics
Use of ELK
|This work item will review the current status of monitoring across the services|
Dick Visser, Brook Schofield,
This work item was initially intended to provide centralised monitoring for the T&I services but in the new structure for service delivery for the T&I services in GN4-3 this proved very difficult.
A small pilot of Zabbix with eduTEAMS was not successful as it didn't provide the desired functionality.
Work is currently focused on ELK and f-ticks for eduGAIN and is fully focused on that task. A review will take place to see if this can be extended.
Dick has put in place temporary monitoring of some of the central functions at nagios.terena.org.
A different approach to monitoring - creating an incubator project of interested people - has been proposed.
|Work with T1 for now.|
|3.3 Resource Inventory. Lead: Anass Chabli.|
|Anass Chabli, Dick Visser||While we are actively exploring GLPI - there is also https://snipeitapp.com/ but also work on licence management within the PLM process which could reveal software components. I think this challenge is much broader than initially thought - but maybe we can get involved in all of these other areas of exploration.|
|3.4 Encryption and Certificates. Lead Reimer Karlsen-Masur.|
|eduPKI||Reimer Karlsen-Masur, Jan Klever||GN4-2 Wiki https://wiki.geant.org/display/timops/eduPKI||VC arranged to discuss future service proposals.|
|HSM requirements||Brook Schofield||Mainly sitting with T2 at the moment.|
|Certificate Strategy||Reimer Karlsen-Masur, Jan Klever||Still looking for a volunteer to finish.|
3.6 Service Support
|OLA and DPA||Define OLA for each service|
|Nicole emailed on 29th March 2019.|
|Service Status Dashboard||Maintain information on the Service Status Dashboard for monitoring services and information for Service Owners|
|on going||Nicole Harris||Service Status Dashboard.|
|Policy and Governance - eduGAIN||Support policy and governance work for each service|
|on going||Brook Schofield,||Open question on responsibility for policies.|
|Policy and Governance - eduroam||Support policy and governance work for each service|
|Work required on policy outlined in sub-task pages.|
|Policy: CoCo||This work will support the implementation of CoCov2.|
|on going||Nicole Harris, Pål Axelsson, Wolfgang|
First meeting with sub-group held.
Mikael is allocated to T4. Makes more sense for T4 to do this?