- All virtual machines running eduGAIN services are regularly updated.
- Before an update is planned, the local personel at PSNC are notified in the case of an update failure and immediate restore. An update forward notice is sent to the eduGAIN SG.
- In the case of large configuration changes, like moving services to new hosts, applying large infrastructure changes etc., a notice at least 7 days in advance is sent to the eduGAIN SG.
- All changes are documented in the log available for inspection at: https://technical.edugain.org/system_updates.
- The unavailability details are provided at eduGAIN Services Status.
Aggregator software updates
Updates to crucial aggregator elements, in particular pyFF, may result in a changed format of resulting metadata aggregate. Any such change will be announced to the eduGAIN SG mailing list. If the OT observes that the update indeed introduces changes to metadata, a beta feed will be created and announced to the SG and a change on the production will be delayed by a two-week testing period. A reminder will be issued a week before the actual change of the production feed.
- system backups are performed daily as a part of the standard PSNC backup routine
- virtual machine snapshots are performed prior to system updates
- four times a year a full virtual machine dump is performed