Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 12 Next »


eduGAIN Steering Group Meeting

Tuesday 25th September 2018, 17:00 - 18:30 CEST (in your timezone)

Please Note that the above time is CONFIRMED.

14:45 UTC
16:45 CEST

Arrival & "Can you hear me now?" (see Connection Details)

15:00 UTC
17:00 CEST

Welcome, Introductions & Agenda Agreement

15:15 UTC
17:15 CEST

Membership Updates and Joining
15:30 UTC
17:30 CEST

eduGAIN Support and Mentoring

15:45 UTC
17:45 CEST

eduGAIN within GN4-3

  • Quick Update on GN4-3 Structure and Progress.
16:00 UTC
18:00 CEST

Future SG Meetings

  • Conflict/Changes to 2018 meeting dates/times?
  • Next meeting @ TBC (likely 13:30-15:00 on Tuesday 13th November 2018 via VC)
16:15 UTC
18:15 CEST

Any other business, Summary and Actions.

16:30 UTC
18:30 CEST

Meeting Close (or we are running over time).

Connection Details

Attendance

Federations in Attendance (xx)

  1. ...
  2. *...

*Not a member.

Attendees (xx)

  1. Brook Schofield, GÉANT
  2. Nicole Harris, GÉANT
  3. Rhys Smith, UK Federation
  4. Sten Aus, TAAT
  5. Simon Green, SGAF
  6. Casper Dreef, GÉANT
  7. Alejandro Lara, COFRe
  8. Donald Coetzee, SAFIRE
  9. Guy Halse, SAFIRE
  10. Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, SIFULAN
  11. Pål Axelsson, SWAMID
  12. Nick Roy, InCommon
  13. José Manuel Macias, SIR
  14. Miroslav Milinovic, AAI@EduHr
  15. Raja V, INFED
  16. Jean Carlo Faustino, CAFé
  17. Valentin, LEAF
  18. Julie Menzies, CAF
  19. Chris Phillips, CAF
  20. Davide Vaghetti, IDEM
  21. Lukas Hämmerle, SWITCH
  22. Ann Harding, SWITCH
  23. Andria Dionysiou, CIF
  24. Carlos Guzman,
  25. Ann West, InCommon
  26. Timo Mustonen
  27. Zivan Yoash, IIF
  28. Rui Ribeiro, CAFé
  29. Mads Freek Petersen, WAYF
  30. Lino Khálau, xxx
  31. Glenn Wearen, Edugate
  32. Esmeralda Pires, RCTSaai
  33. Nicholas, RENU/RIF

Apologies (xx)

  1. Jiri Borik, eduID.cz
  2. Terry Smith, AAF
  3. Wolfgang Pempe, DFN
  4. Arnout Terpstra, SURFnet
  5. Pascal Panneels, Belnet-AAI
  6. Vasko Sazdovski, AAIEduMk (also leaving the federation team)
  7. Mikkel Hald, WAYF
  8. Maarten Kremers, SURFconext
  9. Joost van Dijk, SURFconext
  10. Jaime Perez Crespo, FEIDE

Notes

Welcome, Introductions & Agenda Agreement

The Chair welcomed everyone to the 6th meeting of 2018.

For details on new members and candidates see https://technical.edugain.org/status and work on progressing new members is underway.



Regarding ACTION-20180806-01 which was to look at excluded voters and whether they could use Evento or not there are 11 excluded voters and they were all contacted. Eight have corrected any issues accessing Evento so that is no longer a reason why they

HAKA, Edugate, RCTSaai, ArnesAAI, COLFIRE, SIR, ARNaai, IUCC Id Fed

Oman KID, AAIEduMk, YETKIM





Outstanding Issues with Federations

eduGAIN Compliance Issues


43 federations are now compliant and 6 federations became compliant in September 2018. There is some ongoing work by InCommon to support the new profile. Nick announced that a vote at the InCommon TAC meeting this week was to only export entities with a technical contact. This will vastly increase the

Lukas asked whether the layout of the tables using the CCTLD reference rather than the federation name should be changed. This is currently used.

Nicole also covered the issue of the MRPS review and .... Some federations have historic MRPS documents and there will be an approach made to all federations to assess their MRPS and see if they'll review their federations in line with the template.

Chris Phillips asked for a reference to the MRPS template to be added as there are various iterations.



Support and Mentoring



GN4-3

What's new? What's the same?

In GN4-3 the entire Trust and Identity Work Package (formally called WP5) is being led by Licia Florio, GÉANT and Marina Adomite, AMRES. There are four (4) tasks within this work package:

  • Task 1: Over arching task that covers the 4 specific services
    • eduGAIN (Davide Vaghetti, GARR)
    • eduroam (Miroslav Milinovic, Srce)
    • eduTEAMS (Christos, GÉANT)
    • InAcademia (Justin Knight, Jisc)
  • Task 2: Incubator (lead by Niels van Dijk)
  • Task 3: Trust & Identity Operations (lead by Nicole Harris, GÉANT)
  • Task 4: Research Communities (lead by Maarten Kremers, SURFnet)




...

  • ACTION-TBA: TBA

TOPIC...

...

Future meetings

The next meeting will take place on TBC (likely to be Tuesday 13th November 2018 at 13:30-15:00 CET via VC)

  • No labels