Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 11 Next »



eduGAIN Steering Group Meeting

Tuesday 25th June 2019, 15:00 - 16:00 CEST (in your timezone)

Please Note that the above time is CONFIRMED.

12:45 UTC
14:45 CEST

Arrival & "Can you hear me now?" (see  Connection Details)

13:00 UTC
15:00 CEST

Welcome, Introductions & Agenda Agreement

13:10 UTC
15:10 CET

Membership Updates and Joining
    • 62 participant members / 5 members / 8 candidates
    • New Members (4)
      • Sri Lanka/LIAF (participating)
      • China/CARSI (participating)
      • Romania/RoEduNetID
      • Saudi Arabia (voting complete?)
    • Candidates Under Assessment (0)
    • New Candidates (0)
    • https://technical.edugain.org/status.php
13:20 UTC
15:20 CEST

eduGAIN MDS Certificate Rollover

    • Update from the OT on Certificate Expiry (1 July 2019)
    • Suggested changes (short term)
    • Key Signing Ceremony (long term)
13:30 UTC
15:30 CEST

eduGAIN "raising the bar"

Question from SURFConext:

"A question about https://technical.edugain.org/validator2. We get quite some warnings
for SP's "md:RequestedAttribute not found" and/or "CoCo declared but md:RequestedAttribute element
not found". But we think it's a feature - it's even better because these SP's only want a NameID,
nothing else."

13:40 UTC
15:40 CEST

eduGAIN SG Chair

    • Announcement of the new SG Chair - 2019 - 2021.
    • eduGAIN Secretariat support
13:50 UTC
15:50 CEST

Future SG Meetings

  • Next meeting:
    • Tuesday 17th September 2019
    • Tuesday 10th December 2019
13:55 UTC
15:55 CEST

Any other business, Summary and Actions

14:00 UTC
16:00 CEST

Meeting Close

Connection Details

Attendance

Federations in Attendance (17)

  1. AAF
  2. SIFULAN
  3. IDEM
  4. TAAT
  5. PIONIER.Id
  6. eduID.hu
  7. SAFIRE
  8. DFN-AAI
  9. SURFconext
  10. SWAMID
  11. UK Federation
  12. LIAF
  13. LEAF
  14. RUNNet AAI
  15. CAF
  16. MINGA
  17. COFRe

Attendees (21)

  1. Brook Schofield, GÉANT
  2. Casper Dreef, GÉANT
  3. Davide Vaghetti, IDEM/GARR
  4. Nicole Harris, GÉANT
  5. Terry Smith, AAF
  6. Jay Ploomipuu, TAAT (in behalf of Sten Aus)
  7. Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, SIFULAN
  8. Tomasz Wolniewicz, PIONIER.Id
  9. Donal Coetzee, SAFIRE
  10. Maja Wolniewicz, PIONIER.Id
  11. Wolfgang Pempe, DFN-AAI
  12. Pål Axelsson, SWAMID
  13. Péter Molnar, eduID.hu
  14. Rhys Smith, UK fed
  15. Thalina Pathirana, LIAF
  16. Valentin Pocotilenco, LEAF
  17. Vasiliy Porkhachev, RUNNetAAI
  18. Chris Phillips, CAF
  19. Arnout Terpstra, SURFconext
  20. Claudio Chacón, MINGA
  21. Alejandro Lara, COFRe

Apologies (3)

  1. Adulmonem Alkharusi, OMREN
  2. Ann West, InCommon
  3. Ferdand De Dekker, Belnet AAI

Notes

Welcome, Introductions & Agenda Agreement

The Chair welcomed everyone to the 2nd meeting of 2019.

See the Open Actions & Previous Meeting notes. The major open action will be covered within the meeting.

The wiki migration/update from earlier in the year has caused a problem with the open/complete action list. The Chair (or Casper) will remedy this.

The last meeting referenced two issues:

  • YETKİM MRPS as a result of joining
  • MDS certificate rollover

The latter issue is tabled for the agenda and Tomasz + the eduGAIN OT have conveyed this to the federations via the eduGAIN SG list (some "users" of the metadata were unaware of this change and there has been discussion on the Slack domain on this topic.

YETKİM have updated their MRPS and Uğur Yilmaz has voted in the most recent vote.

Discussion on how to deal with members that have been dorman and are now participating. MRPS flagging and revalidation FYI to the SG.

Set 'grace' period, 3-6 months. It should be clear that MRPS must be in place when a federation joins eduGAIN.

Revalidating changes to policy documents won't be taken on as a task at this point in time.

Membership Updates and Joining

For details on new members and candidates see https://technical.edugain.org/status and work on progressing new members is underway.

No candidates currently under assessment.

The vote for Maeen is currently underway and is scheduled to complete next week (Tuesday 2nd).

Of the recent member federations, two (LIAF + CARSI) are providing metadata feeds.

eduGAIN MDS Certificate Rollover

The certificate that transports the signing key for MDS will expire on 1 July 2019.

OT to look at statistics on who's using the OLD feed location.

eduGAIN "raising the bar"

The eduGAIN Compliance Issues wiki page has been to be updated and this is an ongoing process.

Baseline expectation initiative by InCommon was discussed during the REFEDS meeting at TNC19. This could be an interesting initiative for eduGAIN too. Try to increase velocity in respect to gather the baseline.

Validator now shows:

  • 3 reds (7 during the REFEDS meeting)
  • 45 yellow

While progress is being made on RED errors the YELLOW warnings that are truely our baseline aren't being corrected.

How long would baseline take to complete? The belief by Ann West (based on the time that it took from InCommon) was in the order of 3-5 years.

Terry reported that the AAF required IdPs to support R&S and SIRTFI to "opt-in" to eduGAIN.

Technical Metadata, InCommon Behavioural Baseline, Validator2 are 3 different types of metadata that create interoperability issues for federations that violate these interoperability rules between federations.

Set up a scale/colour code/score card to monitor.

Set up a Work Group that comes up with recommendations? Promote this at TechEx. Contact Brook for more information on this. Initial discussion on Slack.

CoCo monitor: is it useful if it could alarm the helpdesk.

eduGAIN SG Chair

The eduGAIN Steering Group Chair position that is currently held by Brook Schofield has expired.

Terry Smith, AAF has agreed to be the new SG Chair (2019-2020).

A discussion on Observers from research infrastructures was raised at REFEDS. Historically the eduGAIN "Town Hall" was a forum to take wider input. Having SPs or RIs on the eduGAIN SG just to tell us to do better isn't useful and there are many fora for collecting the views of the wider community including REFEDS, FIM4R, FIM4L, FOG (and the soon to be SPOG). If there are concrete proposals on who to include that would be useful.

The current observers to the eduGAIN SG will also be flagged to the SG as these positions need to be re-validated.

Future meetings

The next SG meeting was confirmed to take place on Tuesday 17th September 2019 13:00 UTC.

Drop in sessions:

AoB and Close

No other business was raised. The meeting closed on time.

  • No labels