4-5 March 2020
- Existing tools used to measure and monitor network and application performance
- Network performance management use cases and challenges
- Architectures for improved performance for demanding network applications, including large scale data transfers and real-time applications
- Emerging trends and new approaches to performance management
- Tools used by European NREN NOCs
- Large scale data transfer tools and architectures, including use of Data Transfer Nodes (DTNs)
- Network measurement and monitoring tools, such as perfSONAR
- Network and application monitoring of collaborative performing arts applications such as LoLa, including analysis of latency and jitter
- Streaming network telemetry, In-Band Network Telemetry
- Programmable / software-defined networking, including P4-based approaches
- Network remediation using automation approaches.
Josipa Marohnića 5
eduroam is available at the meeting venue.
Remote participation will be arranged. Details to follow.
We recommend all participants to stay at the Hotel International (http://www.internationalhotelzagreb.com/). Hotel International is located in downtown Zagreb, among the numerous offices of domestic and foreign companies, while all major Zagreb sights and attractions are nearby. CARNET HQ are 15 minutes on foot away from the hotel.
Getting to the Hotel International
ZAGREB AIRPORT “Franjo Tuđman”
From the “Franjo Tuđman” airport to the hotel you can arrive by taxi (regular daily rates range from 200-250 HRK) or by regular bus line from Croatia Airlines to the main bus station in Zagreb for 35 kn. From main bus station take tram number 5. Uber and Bolt are also available.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND TAXI
When in town, you can reach Hotel International with tram lines 3, 5 and 13. It is necessary to leave the tram at Miramarska station. Hotel International is located 50 m from station to the south and is immediately visible. Taxi station is in front of the hotel so we can provide you with transportation in a few minutes.
IF ARRIVING BY CAR
If coming from the west (highway A2, crossing Bregana, Slovenia), follow signs for “Zagreb west (Zagreb zapad)” and continue to drive along Zagreb Avenue. Turn left at Savska road (Savska cesta). At the first intersection, turn right to Vukovar Avenua. Drive 700 meters to the intersection with Miramarska Street. Hotel is on your right side.
If coming from the east entrance to the city drive along Slavonian Avenue (Slavonska avenija, 11 km) before turning to Trnje. Turn right. Continue to drive and turn left in Vukovar Avenue. After 400 meters turn left. The hotel is located on your right side.
If you are returning from Croatian coast or traveling on highway A1 to Zagreb, after the toll booth, continue along Adriatic Avenue (Jadranska avenija) to the roundabout. At the roundabout take the second exit and continue driving along Dubrovnik Avenue (Avenija Dubrovnik) to the intersection with Avenue Većeslav Holjevac (Avenija Većeslava Holjevca). At the intersection turn to the north, and drive across the bridge to the intersection with the Vukovar Avenue. At the crossroads turn left and after 400 meters turn left again in Miramarska street. Hotel is on your right side.
Registration is open at https://eventr.geant.org/events/3253.
Agenda (all times CET)
Wednesday 4th March 2020
The draft agenda includes confirmed talks to date. The final detailed agenda will be posted soon.
|09:00-12:30||STF Meeting (day 2)|
|12:30-13:30||Arrival, Buffet Lunch|
Session 1: Use cases, challenges, and tools (1)
|15:20-15:45||Tea and coffee break|
Session 2: Use cases, challenges, and tools (2)
|17:30||End of Day 1|
Self-paid dinnerDetails to be announced
Thursday 5th March 2020
|9:00-9:15||Resume, tea and coffee available|
Session 3: Data transfer architectures and DTN use cases.
|10:30-10:50|| Tea and coffee break|
Session 4: New measurement approaches