This is the home of the GÉANT Community Committee (GCC) - formerly the TERENA Technical Committee. The Committee has oversight of the GÉANT Community Programme.
The GCC operates under the auspices of the GA via an agreed terms of reference.
The community programme is an open initiative and as such this wiki space and all associated papers are publicly available. The official public file store for the GCC can be found at: https://geant.box.com/v/gcc.
The GCC is closely associated with the GN4 Project Task on Task Force and SIG Coordination.
- How to propose a GCP activity.
- How GCP activities are assessed.
- Current SIG KPIs.
- Current TF work areas.
- GCC "small funds" budget. (obsolete! See Innovation Programme)
The objectives of the GCC are to:
Mutually assist NRENs in providing students, lecturers and scientists the best possible Internet and ICT facilities, by e.g. sharing ideas, best practices, harmonise procedures, picking the best technologies, or jointly tackling an issue;
Assist GÉANT in matters related to community-driven collaborative initiatives.
GÉANT Community Committee Members
- Claudio Allocchio, GARR (term: April 2020 - April 2024) - Security, network RTC
- Paul Rouse - Strategy, business, commercial
Other members of the committee are:
- Alexander van den Hill, SURF, (term: May 2022 - May 2025) - Network
- Claudio Pisa, GARR (term: May 2022 - May 2025) - Clouds
- Marialuisa Lavitrano, Unimib (term: May 2022 - May 2025) - eHealth
- Erik Kikkenborg, NORDUnet (term: November 2021 - November 2024) - Education, Multimedia
- János Mohácsi, KIFÜ (Term: June 2019 - June 2025) - Network /GPPC /EOSC
- David Groep, NIKHEF / AEGIS (Term: June 2019 - June 2025) - Grid / HPC
- Victoriano Giralt, Uni Malaga / Groningen Declaration (Term: June 2019 - June 2025) - T&I, Universities, EUNIS
- Sabine Jaume, RENATER (Term: June 2019 - June 2025 - resigned March 2023) - Community, policy, strategy
- Guido Aben, AARnet (term: April 2016- May 2022) - Software development, Clouds
- Anna Wilson, HEAnet. (term: April 2016- May 2022) - Network automation
- Branka Vuk, CARNET (Term: June 2019 - June 2022 - resigned July 2021)
- Andrew Cormack, Jisc. (term: April 2016- April 2019)
- Simon Leinen, SWITCH. (term: April 2016- April 2019)
- Diego Lopez, Telefonica. term: April 2017 - April 2020)
- Alf Moens, SURFnet. (term: April 2016- April 2019)
- Damien La Carpentier, CSC. (term: April 2016 - April 2017)
- Peter Schober, ACOnet. (term: April 2016 - April 2017)
- Johan Bergström, Umeå. (term: April 2017 - April 2018)
- Claudio Allocchio (term April 2016 - April 2020)
- Valter Nordh, Sunet (term April 2016 - April 2020) - former chair
GÉANT Community Committee Meetings
- 1st GCC Meeting - 20160426
- 2nd GCC Meeting - 20160627
- 3rd GCC Meeting - 20161006
- 4th GCC Meeting - 20170224
- 5th GCC Meeting - 20170411
- 6th GCC Meeting - 20170620
- 7th GCC Meeting - 20171024
- 8th GCC Meeting - 20180222
- 9th GCC Meeting - 20180410
- 10th GCC Meeting - 20180618
- 11th GCC Meeting - 20181023
- 12th GCC Meeting - 20190206
- 13th GCC Meeting - 20190425
- 14th GCC Meeting - 20190626
- 15th GCC Meeting - 20191016
- 16th GCC Meeting - 20191125
- 17th GCC Meeting - 20200211
- 18th GCC Meeting - 20200428
- 19th GCC Meeting - 20200617
- 20th GCC Meeting - 20200909-10
- 21st GCC Meeting - 20201103
- 22nd GCC Meeting - 20201210
- 23rd GCC Meeting - 20210210
- 24th GCC Meeting - 20210512
- 25th GCC Meeting 20210630
- 26th GCC Meeting 20211019-20
- 27th GCC Meeting 20211214
- 28th GCC Meeting 20220304
- 29th GCC Meeting 20220512
- 30th GCC Meeting 20220628
- 31st GCC Meeting 20221005
- 32nd GCC Meeting 20221201
- 33rd GCC Meeting 20230223
- 34th GCC Meeting 20230517
- 35th GCC Meeting 20230627
- 36th GCC Meeting 20231031